The Brighton Hotel
US$144
US$138
SmithHotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

The Grand Brighton(Brighton)
US$134
US$130
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
US$144
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$109
YHA Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$44
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$55/night.

US$345
US$247
Cancelon
  • Pool
1,403 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontwest pierone night staytown centretea and coffeebandstandseafrontseaside
Reviewed 19 February 2017

Booked a twin room here as had parking, wifi, 3 star rating and good location....well 1 out of 4 isn't bad!
Twin room was uneven and sloped, intermittent wifi in room, no parking resulting in parking in underground carpark, a walk from the hotel, not ideal in the dark....quite scary!. Not what I expected. Rooms were clean but need updating.
Billed as a 3 star....... so went for this for a nice break, rather than a budget break.......wont bother again!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
TheBrightonHotel, Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Thank you Annie for your review of our hotel.

I am sorry to see that your break with us at The Brighton Hotel was not to the standard we aim to provide for every stay with us. The floors in some of our rooms are slightly sloped, this being due to the age of the hotel, however I feel this adds to the character of the hotel. Our parking is unfortunately limited and we recommend the regency square NCP in the situation that it is full.

I again extend my apologies to you at we did not reach your expectations for your stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 1 night over a busy weekend in Brighton. We have previously stayed in this hotel a couple of years ago and was really pleased with the service so we were desperate to stay at this hotel again. We arrived in the morning so we asked whether they would keep our luggage in a store room so we could go out straight away, which they gladly did without any hesitation. When we come back later in the afternoon we were greeted by a member staff who was able to check us in very promptly. I'm sure his name was Claudio (Sorry if the name is spelt incorrectly) but what an amazing service! The room was lovely and just what you need for a one night stay in Brighton. The room we were in did have quite a noisy road besides with constant traffic throughout the night but this can not be helped by the hotel! The breakfast in the morning was lovely with a variety of options for everyone. We felt like the member of staff really made us feel welcome and would do everything to make sure our stay was great. Thanks again everyone at The Brighton Hotel. We'll definitely be seeing you again for our third visit.

Room Tip: Next time when I stay in this hotel I will ask for a room on the West side, away from the busy road.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am happy to see that your returning visit to us at The Brighton Hotel was an enjoyable one. I will pass your comments on to Claudio who I am sure will be pleased to hear them. We aim to have every guest who stays with us feel welcome here and as such your comments are very welcome.

Should you be returning to Brighton please do be in touch on 01273 820555 or info@thebrightonhotel.com and we would be happy to help make your reservation

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I stayed here in November 2016 for one night as a birthday present. It was a nice hotel, fairly standard, but does need some updating.

The service from the staff was good - the receptionist was lovely when we were checking in and the waiters and waitresses at breakfast were also nice too. Very friendly staff overall.

The room was nice; we had a standard double room and it was very small, a lot smaller than I expected, but it had a kettle which I'm always happy with. Our room was right next to the lift so it was quite noisy and you could hear people coming up and down which was a bit annoying, but that was only a minor problem. The room just seemed to lack something though, so I think if it was updated it would make it a more comfortable stay.

The breakfast was really nice. You could order an English breakfast if you wanted to or just go to the buffet for fruits, cereals and toast so there were a couple of options you could choose from.

The location was really good - not too far from the pier and near the lanes too which was good. It's walking distance for most places like the pier and lanes as I stated, as well as Brighton station, so it's good if you're taking the train down. It's also directly opposite the beach so you really don't have to walk far to go there, plus it's a part of the beach which I think would usually be less busy as it's not next to the pier where a lot of people seem to congregate by.

I have always liked Brighton as it's a place where I feel welcome and at ease, so if you've never been before and fancy a short stay on a budget then this hotel would be good choice! Don't expect a fancy room if you do opt to stay here though!

Oh, I think pets are allowed here too as I saw a couple on our floor with a dog (we were on the fourth floor so I doubt they were just there out of curiosity).

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
TheBrightonHotel, Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2017

Thank you Sarah for your review of our hotel.

I am pleased to see that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Your comments are very welcome and I am always happy to see that we were able to make an occasion like a birthday a special one. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Should you be returning to Brighton again in the future please do be in touch on 01273 820555 or info@thebrightonhotel.com and we would be happy to make your reservation.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

This hotel is is a great seafront Location. Although there was nothing that stood out about this hotel. The room was very small but very clean. The breakfast was basic but offered something for everyone.
For the price we paid we were very happy with the service and facilities and room provided.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Thank you Laura for your review of our hotel.

I thank you for your comments and I am happy to see that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We aim to see every guest leave happy like yourself and I hope I can welcome you back in the future.

Should you be returning to Brighton in the future please be in touch on 01273 820555 or info@thebrightonhotel.com and we would be happy to make your reservation.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Check in was fine. We were early and room wasn't ready but not the fault of the hotel.

Cons: Parking was charged at £18 a day - not untypical in Brighton. Hugely difficult to park as parking area was tiny and cramped. Room was small and dark but clean. Everything was a bit shabby in our room with peeling paint on windows, a drab bathroom and stained carpets. Communal areas of hotel were also dated with peeling paint on entrance doors. Creaky lift but long walk upstairs as we were on 4th floor. Breakfast was very average and served cold.

Pros: Waiting staff worked very hard. Hotel is pet friendly. Location is good and partial sea view from window was nice. Food from room service was good and reasonably priced.

Overall, I wouldn't book again. The hotel was very average and with extras, didn't really represent great value. I'd prefer to pay a bit extra for a more upmarket experience and this definitely wasn't.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
TheBrightonHotel, Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am sorry to see that your stay with us at The Brighton Hotel was not to the standard we aim for with every stay here. We are currently progressing with a thorough refurbishment of the entire hotel to address many of the issues that you have raised.

Again I extend my apologies to you and do hope you will reconsider using our hotel in the future.