“I drink beer too...”

Seven Stars, Brighton
Ranked #46 of 128 Nightlife in Brighton
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Bought a meal off Wriggle and decided to have a pint whilst eating. I asked for a pint of Doom Bar and a bitter shandy which was poured first. The Doom Bar came out cloudy and had a slightly odd taste. I took it back, and showed the barmaid - my fingers were blurred through the glass. She poured it into another glass and it was the same, she had a taste and said there was nothing wrong with it and it wasn't cloudy! She also said that there maybe some lemonade in it as she poured the shandy first! I said I had been drinking ale for thirty years and know when it isn't right. She said she drank beer too. Reluctantly she offered another pint, Sharps, which again was poured cloudy but did eventually clear and tasted OK. The Fish and Chips were nice, with fried cabbage I think and what looked like caviar but maybe a little dry. we may be back but customer service needs to improve...

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Saw the live band in the window and popped in for a drink. Stayed all night. It was fantastic! Loved the music and the quality of the drinks was amazing. Staff were friendly and it was well set out. Brilliant!

1  Thank KiwiGlasgow
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

After spending three hours sat at table with no sign other than groups over 6 to sit at table told at 10:30 had to leave table for a VIP !! Not offered alternative seating with pregnant lady in group !!! Think out of order. Other than that good night !! Will not return and will not recommend for friends.

1  Thank Becky B
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

The food is here is fantastic!. I had the SFC burger meal. The staff are friendly, the atmosphere is nice. I'd definitely recommend a visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I have not used this pub for many years, but was treated for a belated birthday meal with my daughter and some close friends.
Well what a fabulous treat. We had some starters of Blood sausage Scotch eggs (these were utterly amazing) and ox tail nuggetts, plus crispy salted cod balls and some crispy pork crackling and crispy kale (we asked for extra!). My main was a special of Moules in white wine & cream sauce. Well, I have eaten these regularly all around the world, one of my favourite meals, but these were THE BEST EVER. Quite honestly the sauce was fantastic, but the Mussells were the sweetest and freshest I've EVER eaten. Much better than any fresh fish restaurant I've been to.
A couple of people including my daughter had the Paella which they said was fabulous too. Another had a chicken breast coated in bread crumbs and stuffed with cheese. This was served with battered chips. I tasted this meal and again, 100% spot on for flavour and presentation. I had to try the Candy floss/ice cream (home made) and my daughter had chocolate brownie.....both so yummy
My partner and I eat out a couple of times a week and I will most definitely be coming here on a regular basis. I have heard the Sunday roasts are sensational, so we will be trying these too.
This is more than 'pub grub'. This food would beat a lot of the top restaurants in Brighton/Hove and I'm so glad we went here, as it's difficult to find really good food, in spite of there being so many restaurants in the area. My compliments to the chef and the staff for making my evening extremely enjoyable. 100% spot on.