The Laindons(Hastings)
US$204
  • Breakfast included
Senlac Guest House(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$84
The White House(Hastings)
TripAdvisor
1,027 results
All reviewshealth clubrelaxation roomsteam roomconservatory restaurantmontgomerie suitemontgomery suiteseparate buildingexecutive roomhotel guestslovely hotelfull body massagethe general managerwedding venueduty managerrelaxing weekendbirthday treatmy mum
Reviewed 17 October 2016

We stayed just one night, having travelled to Hastings for the Battle of Hastings anniversary celebrations. The reception staff were very welcoming, helpful and informative. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated. The bed was very comfortable. Our only criticism was it was a little cold when we got in there, but it soon warmed up when we turned the heating on. The bathroom was nice. Breakfast was great, plenty to choose from and the cooked options were excellent. The restaurant staff were fabulous,a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear heathergrahamsmith,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the service received from our "lovely staff". I have shared your comments with my team and I too agree that they are a credit to the hotel. Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

My husband and i were given this hotel spa break as a gift, we stayed one night. The hotel grounds are amazing, on check in the hotel receptionist was lovely, very friendly and a great start. Our room was not ready so we decided to have lunch in the bar which was again really nice and the staff were exceptional.

Our room was ready, and we were handed our spa bags with bathrobes, slippers and towels, i thought this was a lovely touch.

Our room was nice, however old, you could see the bathroom as aged and the tap water splashed all over the place. The carpet was stained, but the room was decorated nice and it was cosy.
We went to the spa which is a short walk from the hotel, we walked in our dressing gowns, which for me is the start of a great spa break.

When we entered i was shocked to see it was actually a gym and health club where the public could actually use. We were greeted by the reception team of the health club which was short and sweet. The changing facilitates were disgusting, the floor was filthy, there were no facilities such as face cream etc...it was awful.

Once you walked in the swimming pool was being used by the public and most of it used up for swimmers, the steam, sauna and small hydro pool were ok. The hot tub outside was nice but very slow, not the usual feeling of a hot tub.

It was so old and dirty and needs attention attention

We then had our treatments which was in the spa area, this was lovely, as soon as you walked in you felt you were finally in a spa break. The relaxation area was calm and the usual oil smells filled the air.

We opted for the full body massage, we decided to have it in the same room. I have had massages all over the world and this has to have been the worse one. It was rushed, my husband is double my size and his massage was in sync with mine, which should not have been possible. you were not asked if there was an area that required attention, it was like you were a slab of meat on a couch!

Even after you just walked out and that was it! terrible!!!!!!!

Evening meal at the hotel was nice and again the staff at the hotel were exceptional.

I would never come here again and neither would i recommend it, the 4 stars are only for the hotel.

2  Thank deepri
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2016

Dear deepri,
Thank you very much for your kind words in relation to my staff and the hotel facilities.
I was very pleased to read that you found the staff and service to be "exceptional" along with the room, bar area and gardens.
As we are open to our members (not the public) and other guests on spa days, we do have times when the spa area and health club facilities are busier than normal. I have passed on your comments to the Spa Manager for her review and follow up. Please accept my apologies for your disappointment on her behalf and I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had an overnight spa break here and we were mightily impressed. The staff in the hotel were warm and cheerful and really made us feel welcome. The room was at the rear of the hotel and had a beautiful view of the gardens, it was well kept and clean and perfect for our stay.
Dinner in the evening was exceptional, we had the pate to start and lamb and fish for mains. Chocolate roulade and cheese sent us well over into gluttony territory but it was worth it!!! Usual hotel price for drinks, which was expected ( not as expensive as some pubs I've been in lately! ).
The spa was very enjoyable and the staff pummelled us to within an inch of our lives which was exactly what we needed!!! In fact there were only two reasons this wasn't scored as excellent. Firstly the female toilets in the spa were not up to scratch ( dirty and no soap), which was a shame as the hotel and spa staff were awesome. Secondly, and this is not the fault of the staff I feel, there had clearly been a function there recently and there was a large amount of cigarette butts scattered outside the hotel in the gardens which made the otherwise beautiful garden look a bit dishevelled..
Other than those two very minor things we had a great stay and would strongly recommend anyone else to go there! Thank you.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Leviathon_uk,
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to review us and I do hope you have suitably recovered from your pummelling!
I have shared your constructive comments with my team and please accept my apologies for the female toilets in the spa, this has been passed on to the Spa Manager for her action. Despite our best efforts to encourage our guests to utilise the many ashtrays and smoking receptacles placed around our property, it never ceases to amaze me how guests still insist on throwing them on the ground. I am happy to report that the ends have been collected and our gardens are now butt free.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here recently for two nights and we really enjoyed our stay.

After a six hour drive from South Wales and getting stuck on the notorious M25 we hit the spa facilities straight away! The standard of facilities were superb and just what we wanted.

Our room was ideal and usually I find it difficult to sleep in hotels but here I had 2 nights solid sleep which is unusual for me.

Breakfast was of very good quality and set us up for the day for our trip into Hastings. We dined in the bar area on the Saturday evening and I had a burger with sweet potato fries and my girlfriend had a focaccia sandwich both of which were really tasty.

The staff here were very friendly and professional which made for an enjoyable weekend at Bannatynes, thanks again!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
ManagementResponse02, General Manager at Bannatyne Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Dear Neathlocal,
I am pleased to read you and your girlfriend had a "Great stay" and you were able to rest and relax following your M25 ordeal. As always, I take great pride in the positive feedback given in relation to the team and it is always pleasing to find that their hard efforts are well received. I hope your journey home was less eventful / time consuming and we hope to see you both again soon.
James Mackay - General Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2016

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times before. As wedding anniversary we decided to book a superior room this time. Very nice spacious room with a freestanding bath. Toiletries were very nice and bed extremely comfortable. Staff very friendly and breakfast was very tasty. My only negative would be the shower it was extremely temperamental with its temperature but made reception aware of this.

Dear Jane H,
It was our pleasure welcoming you back and thank you for choosing to celebrate your Wedding Anniversary with us. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the room its Elemis amenities and the "extremely comfortable" bed. Please accept my apologies for the temperamental shower however we have found the culprit to be a worn thread in the mixing valve, which has subsequently been replaced. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and allowing us the opportunity to prevent further issue.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
James Mackay - General Manager