1,171 results
All reviews montpellier chapter afternoon tea ren toiletries nespresso machine mini bar open plan superior room bath and shower sunday lunch reception area lovely hotel eggs benedict birthday treat small room breakfast service public areas bars and restaurants
Reviewed 16 April 2018

My partner booked this as a birthday treat for us to eat in a restaurant in the city which she loves. We had only booked in here as basic accommodation for one night however upon arrival we were upgraded (due to it being a special occasion) as well as a complimentary breakfast and a cocktail each! The staff are all so helpful knowledgeable and friendly and really made our stay special. Gareth on reception is OUTSTANDING and really deserves a special mention. He is pleasant and approachable and truly is excellent at what he does. Overall I cannot recommend this hotel enough! I will be writing to Malmaison head office to ensure they are aware of how much of a true credit this hotel and its staff are to their brand.
Thank you everyone!
Keep up the good work!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Met up with my sisters last Sunday and stayed for one night. Very welcoming and friendly reception staff. Could not fault the service, standard of the room or the food. Nice balance of efficient while relaxed service. Just what we wanted.

Room tip: Had an Executive room. Very nice
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Steven W, General Manager at Malmaison Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear kth0rn,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read that you thought that the hotel had a lovely relaxing atmosphere. I will of course pass on all your feedback to our reception team as its always lovely to hear.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Malmaison Cheltenham in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Steven Wilmer

Reviewed 13 April 2018

The welcome and the standard of the hotel was excellent. The room was very comfortable and good value for money. Parking under the hotel was adequate for my needs. Breakfast was great and I would definitely consider staying at the Malmaison when I return to Cheltenham in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank simezzz
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I like the vibe of the hotel- yes as other reviewers have said the lighting is quite subtle but it creates an elegant feel. Furniture and decor were fab. We had a small room which was very competitively priced at £125 for a Saturday night. All was fine with the room and facilities but and it was a disappointing but, the breakfast was pretty awful. At £16 per head it should have been better. Stroppy waitresses and a limited selection on the buffet were a real let down. The bacon was also a low point (hard and cold).
That said later on we had a massage and afternoon tea as part of the ‘Afternoon Delight’ deal and this was great - good food and pleasant staff. In summary almost perfect- work on the breakfast guys and you will be on to a winner.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie J
Reviewed 9 April 2018

£99 for me and my sis bed, breakfast, 2 course evening meal and a glass of bubbles, fantastic deal! Staff were friendly and helpful. Fab spa treatment, staff couldn't do enough for us to have a great experience

Room tip: Very warm hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends