All reviews ncp car park hi express town centre beans adjacent ncp brewery quarter sofa bed discount card high street hot items central location free wifi breakfast was included reception staff bars and restaurants hotel bar modern hotel
Reviewed 8 September 2018

No parking at hotel but there is an NCP car park opposite where you get a discount for staying at the hotel.9 Overnight £15, £11.20 after discount)
Quick and friendly check-in which is always nice. Room very clean and functional as expected. Everything you'd want from an overnight business trip. I didn't have breakfast as departed early but heard from colleagues it was very good. Over the road is a leisure complex including cinema and restaurants.
I would return to the hotel without hesitation. Clean, modern and good location.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Lucy H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Hi Graham L

We thank you for your excellent review and are very happy you found the check in quick and efficient. We would love to see you again very soon.

Kind Regards

Luke Kent
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Check in fine, young lady on reception on Saturday evening was friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Room was ok EXCEPT for HORRIBLY STAINED CARPET which was DISGUSTING. I was there for a funeral so didn’t have the energy or inclination to complain, I just tiptoed around. But it was nasty. If housekeeping has mentioned it then manager should be fired. If housekeeping hasn’t, then they should be sacked.
Breakfast was ok, staff efficient without being friendly or particularly happy.
Should I have to overnight in Cheltenham again I would seek out a different hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hi STEPHEN1952,

I welcome your thoughts and thank you for staying with us here in Cheltenham. We extend our thoughts and prayers to all family and loved ones affected by this loss.

As always, we wanted nothing more but to provide our guests the best we can give from the second they stepped through our doors. I read that our staff has served you well and that the breakfast and the room sufficiently provided your needs. I hoped to have made it this way all-throughout, but I'm sorry your experience took a downturn because of the stained carpet. I understand how this made you uneasy knowing you had to walk on tiptoes because of this. I know how that feels, STEPHEN1952. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as well as I have hoped it to be.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and map ways to improve what we provide. Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Having you back in the future will be the greatest reward we can ever ask and I am positive to make it better. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 1 September 2018

Great hotel right in the town centre, staff, rooms and food excellent. NCP parking next door with a discount voucher from the hotel. Cheltenham high street and the Brewery area well worth a visit. Shops, pubs, restaurants, gym and cinema.

Room tip: Check on line for deals before booking. Save some cash.
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

It was last minute summer holiday trip. Booked straight away after reading few reviews and the prices got on offer. Family room for 2 nights at £ 148.00 it is a tempting price and doesn't break wallet either.

We left London early morning and visited few other destination through Stafford-Upon-Avon. Reached hotel late evening. The reception desk was right in front of entrance. The lady on the reception gave us a warm welcome with a great smile. We felt so homely and welcoming. I asked her name and she replied Lucy.

The hotel is very clean and located close to main town centre. All facilities in the room are of good standard with air-condition. Comfortable bed. The hotel doesn't have parking facility. But, let's not put off by this issue. There is a NCP car parking next to the hotel. The prices are very reasonable. Discount on offer for Holiday Inn customers. Also across the road there is a Short-Stay car park - payable ( 8 AM - 8 PM). If you reach hotel late you can park there for free all night. Just make sure you put ticket 8.00 in the morning.

Though, the hotel doesn't have proper dinning facility, all variety of restaurants are within few minutes walking distance.

Good simple breakfast. Only my suggestion would be to have additional at least one more staff. Only 1 staff was serving breakfast for whole guests. He was replenishing food, clearing plates and cleaning tables on his own. I could see he looked under pressure which, is understandable. But, in hospitality we want personal interaction. I am in the similar trade and I assure it makes a lot of difference.

Many thanks to Lucy. You made our stay homely. Luke - thanks for providing local informations.

I certainly recommend this hotel whoever come across to stay in Chelthenham. I would definately come back whenever I am on the area.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2018

It is a cozy little hotel in a cozy little part of a cozy old town. Rooms that overlook the road could be noisy but not as much that you would lose sleep over it. Breakfast service was pretty fast in replenishing items and the service throughout was courteous.

Date of stay: April 2018
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Hi Rohit G,

It's really nice to know that you found our breakfast service efficient and courteous. However, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by the road noise during your visit. I've shared the details of your feedback to the hotel management so that necessary steps can be taken to improve the quality of our accommodations.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We hope to host you again for chance to provide you with a much better experience.

All the best,