“Best steak and ale pie,,, ever ,, plus more, BOOK FIRST”
Review of House in the Tree

House in the Tree
Ranked #27 of 489 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Another tripadvisor recommendation, That worked
We had to wait a week as it was so booked, Now i know why.
The menu choices are very good , and its easy to get "Food envy" as other peoples plates arrive.
My choice, a fairly straightforward, " Steak and Ale Pie" with chips, Was awesome, so much meat, not too much pastry, and superb chips, Manna from heaven.
My Gripes,, Drinks, The water only comes in small 330 ml bottles.
And the beer / Ale selection is very basic, no craft beers.
Other than that, its good value.

1  Thank levace

Reviewed 23 October 2016

The food here is good and wholesome, not instant food. We were well looked after and the venue also caters for children. Suggest you book well in advance as they get fully booked, particularly over the weekends. it is possible to have a child portion if you do not have a large appetite.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

In Gloucester for long weekend. Stumbled across this place in the dark whilst driving round trying to find a pub rather than eating in the hotel. Thursday night we hadn't booked but fitted us straight in and it soon became surprisingly busy.
Little gem. Courteous,enthusiastic staff,food spot on (as we'd eaten at lunchtime,we both had a starter and pud) Came away stuffed-as recommended by the young waitress,the sticky toffee was to die for.
Brilliant.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

My friend and I didn't book as we thought for a Wednesday lunch time it wouldn't be that busy. Boy were we wrong. The place was so busy. I think we took the last table available. Lauren was our waitress and she was polite, and courteous. She even joined in the conversation and had a laugh with us which we liked. I'm a bit of a fussy eater, but Lauren and the team made me feel like I could order what I liked and I didn't feel guilty for doing so, like I do in some restaurants. The food was really tasty and the desert was delicious. The portion size was about right for a lunch menu although the salad did seem to be a little pricy. I can totally recommend the wedges though. I would definitely go back. Thank you again for a great service and meal.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

We attended Sunday lunch last weekend with our family ( 6 of us ) Been a few times before but never had Sunday lunch. It was fantastic. Good amount of meat and plenty of hot vegetables. Starters of whitebait and pate were also delightful. I have never been disappointed with House in the Tree. They get very busy but so far, service has always been good . Highly recommend