“Delicious Brunch”
Review of The County Kitchen

The County Kitchen
Ranked #11 of 473 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$5 - US$37
Description: We are all about amazing food in a relaxed, informal setting. We let our food do the talking. We are for fine food, not fine dining !
Reviewed 6 March 2017

We arrived at the County Kitchen at what I imagine is their busiest time, about 10.30am on a Saturday morning. We were asked if we had a reservation, we didn't but were offered a table straight away. We ordered the TKC Breakfast and Avocado and poached eggs on sourdough with a latte and tea. There were a few minor issues to begin with - my teacup was a little bit dirty and my partner couldn't get any sugar out of the shaker but these were resolved instantly. Our breakfasts arrived very quickly and were absolutely delicious. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted so fresh. The staff were attentive and helpful, and I can even testify that the toilet was clean and well kept. I would definitely eat here again but would recommend making a reservation as it did get fairly busy whilst we were in there.

1  Thank LexTomlinson

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

We were tempted to this restaurant by Trip Advisor reviews commenting on the quality of the food and generally we were not disappointed.

We arrived for a late Sunday lunch. My first impressions were not good because the first thing I noticed was the strong smell of grease in the air. Real greasy spoon cafe smell. Possibly acceptable if you are looking for a quick breakfast but not at Sunday lunch time. I almost decided to look elsewhere.

However it was late for lunch and I hoped the Trip advisor food reviews were accurate. They were.

After the disappointing first impression. We were seated and looked after well. The furniture is simple and clean and the staff attentive.

The menu is varied and suitable for families. We have 2 teenagers.

We ordered: The house burger, fish and chips, roast lamb and the sea bass. The only disappointment was the roast lamb, possibly because we were late and it had been kept warm? Also it is not a traditional roast. The meat is more like a slow roast mixed with onions.

The sea bass was perfectly cooked and served with a delightful sauce. My boys thoroughly enjoyed the burger and fish and chips.

Total bill for 4 meals, 2 deserts and 4 soft drinks £70.

They also look after Gluten Free diners well.

Summary. If you want a posh ambience then there are other places in Cheltenham. However if they sort out their air extraction then I'd say this is a good place for a quality family lunch.

2  Thank Robert E
Reviewed 4 March 2017

well I must say that we booked The County Kitchen based on the Reviews here and we were not disappointed, wife's Birthday and 7 of us went, service was excellent food was even better, lovely cosy and personal atmosphere, do not be put off by outside appearance it is what Is inside that matters, and what Is inside is near perfect !!!! It Is just such a shame that we wont eat here again due solely to the addition the 10% service charge. Sorry but I am one of those who like to make the decision how much the tip is based on the service and food quality, and whilst I say that was as good as you will get, I still like to be able to make that choice and decision. So very sorry guys but you wont be seeing us again sadly based on your addition of the service charge, It was not even marked on the bill as discretionary ! so It was paid as I didn't want to spoil the wife's evening by complaining but just wont go back, which Is very sad because you are excellent.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I don't know where to start!!
We went here for my mums birthday, to try somewhere new. My brother was against going here as he said he didn't think it was the place to go for an evening meal, but we stuck with our booking.
I am so glad we did, because everything about it was perfect!
It is the place to go for an evening meal and my brother ate his words as well as licking his plate!
The staff are fantastic and very attentive. We didn't have to ask once for anything!
The menu choice is great and the food is out of this world! Both myself and my dad had the lamb, which was incredible! My partner had the venison pie and he couldn't stop saying how nice it was, my brothers had the house burgers, which they thoroughly enjoyed and my mum had the sea bass which she loved.

This is a hidden gem in Cheltenham. You need to book a table to avoid disappointment!

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

We had breakfast at the Country Kitchen on a whim. I now want breakfast there everyday if I could.

The service was fantastic and attentive, without being overbearing. The atmosphere was friendly with 'good' music and the food... wow.

I wish we'd found this place sooner!

1  Thank CITAMonaghan