“Coffee stop on way from Budgens”
Review of Cacao Bean

Cacao Bean
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Silke offers you a warm welcome to Cacao Bean - Konditorei/Cafe'(German Pastry Shop) in Moreton-in-Marsh in the Cotswolds, where almost everything is made in our busy pastry kitchen. We serve light lunches, like soup and filled rolls, toasted tea cakes, scones, a large variety of cakes, mini gateaux, biscuits, fruit bars etc... We also make cakes which are gluten free, dairy free, nut free and Vegan. Our Coffee and tea is fair-trade and our Hot Chocolate is made with real chocolate (our interactive salted Caramel goes down a treat) We love chocolate and offer truffles, chocolates, bars, seasonal chocolate figures (the cutest Easter bunnies, Eggs, Father Christmases etc... are all made here. Wedding and Celebration Cakes are made to order.
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Quick cuppa on the way back to site from shopping.
A little pricey for a brew!
Service was with a smile and prompt.

Silke B, Owner at Cacao Bean, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Hello,
thank you very much for your review.
I was a bit surprised to read that you thought we were a little pricey though. I know that all out hot drinks are very much in line with the rest of the High Street if not a little lower. I am looking forward to seeing you again .

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Cacao bean is the only place in Moreton where the coffee is excellent. The service always friendly and effecient. The food is genuinely all made on the premises, and the patisserie delicious and of the highest standard.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

This is modelled on an Austrian Konditorei (cake and coffee shop) by the owner, who is Austrian, and the cakes are absolutely superb. They are SO full of flavour, not lots of cream and sugar but real flavours like spicy plum, chocolate and hazelnut, orange, I liked it so much after my first visit that I made a detour the next week to buy more cake to take home, and they are not ridiculously expensive either. I didn't try sandwiches, but my friend and I both had soup which was genuine and full of flavour. Coffee was fine but good coffee is not so exceptional these days.
It is at one end of the High Street (near the supermarket) so doesn't seem to get quite as much passing trade as the places bang in the centre, but is most definitely worth the extra 2 minute walk.

Silke B, Owner at Cacao Bean, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I am very happy that you like our cakes so much. Just a tiny correction, I am originally from Germany :)
One of my front of house Lady is half Austrian though.
We will continue to bake amazing cakes for you. Looking forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

A lovely day, so sat outside with the dogs. The owner was so friendly and chatted with us for a while. The best Tuna salad sandwich I have had in ages. All our food was great as was the tea and coffee. Would certainly go back to this little gem if we returned to Morten in Marsh.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

A great destination for a quick coffee, light lunch or to indulge in something naughty, e.g. cake, chocolate... Friendly staff and always cheerful and cosy.

Silke B, Owner at Cacao Bean, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you very much for your kind words. Its always nice to receive positive feedback.