“Absolutely delicious!”
Review of Greek Deli in the Cotswolds - CLOSED

Greek Deli in the Cotswolds
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located in the centre of the picturesque Cotswold town of Moreton-in-Marsh, the Greek Deli offers a wide range of authentic dishes that are made using fresh ingredients, that where possible are sourced from Greek and local suppliers. We welcome customers to eat in our contemporary surrounds or if preferred there is also the option to take the food away to enjoy.
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Myself and my husband were celebrating our wedding anniversary today and as we both love Greek food we decided to visit here for lunch. I had the octopus salad and my husband had the meat pie with lamb, then we finished with kataifi and baklava. The food was fresh and SO SO delicious and the deli has a really lovely atmosphere. We felt like we'd been transported back to Greece and could have quite happily spent the afternoon grazing with meze and wine. The owner was really friendly and couldn't do more to accommodate so don't take much notice of the review below... It's amazing what a smile and a please and thank you can do. It's a shame we live so far away otherwise I think we'd want to eat here every weekend but we'll definitely be back soon. Thank you for a lovely celebration lunch!

1  Thank Gabbie C

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch with my husband and two small children. Owner was rude to us and others - customers were routinely treated as if they were causing him an inconvenience. Bar seating only tricky with young kids. Food took ages to arrive given it is all pre-prepared. Would not recommend.

4  Thank SavvyLou
Jago C, Owner at Greek Deli in the Cotswolds, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

I said to myself that I will never respond to negative reviews from Trip Advisor again, as they are just one persons opinion or experience. However, your review is pure fiction.

Nobody forced you to come and eat in my food bar with your children, as it is not a restaurant and we do have high chairs.

Your food came out in 5 minutes despite the fact that it was an extremely busy lunch.

Most importantly, which you failed to mention in your fictitious review is that you brought fish and chips onto the premises. This is clearly not acceptable. I had to explain to you that this was not ok, but you became angry, I do find this unbelievable.

I welcome families with children all of the time, unfortunately your children were incredibly noisy and crying and I received complaints from my other customers that were there.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Decided to try this for lunch on a wet Saturday and what a great decision. It is a small cafe, probably seats 15 inside and 20 outside. Ordered the sharing cheese plate, which is four different Greek cheeses and warm pitta bread, very good. My wife had the Greek salad which was also very tasty. Proprietor was working solo and prepared everything efficiently, but I f it had been busy I could imagine we might have had to wait a while. Thoroughly recommend the place.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We were on our way to the Cotswolds for a short break & I remembered the Greek Deli for a stop off. We thoroughly enjoyed our break for keftedes & moussaka with lots of salad & good chat with the Greek owner about Greek food & islands. I also had a delicious glass of Greek rose wine & we shared baklava with Greek yoghurt for afters. It was all yummy! Thank you again! The aperitif olives were also delicious.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

It is not the first time we have eaten here. The food is freshly prepared by the Greek owner and he imports authentic Greek ingredients. Although we do not have a very sweet teeth(!) the baklava and the other sweets are to die for, especially the small chocolate logs, crispy on the outside and a beautiful soft gnash on the inside. It is reasonably priced. It is a very small establishment. You could get a wheel chair in but there are no disabled facilities. Should you wish to eat there the owner would bend over backwards to make anyone welcome. Lots of vegetarian dishes also.