“Breakfast”

Sheep on Sheep Street
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Description: Sheep on Sheep Street has a seasonal menu based around the woodfire oven which features in the centre of the restaurant. On the menu are gourmet southern Italian-style wood fire pizzas. The Sheep welcomes families with a bespoke children's menu available at all times, including freshly made pizzas.
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Although staying across the road our breakfast was in the sheep.
We had a nice choice of cooked breakfast’s with a buffet for cereal toast fruit etc, coffee particularly good. Breakfast was very nice & plentiful & made an excellent start to the day.

1  Thank Sheila W

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Visited this pub twice last weekend for a family party of 10. The service and food were so good we drove a hundred miles out of our way to have another meal tonight!

2  Thank MargaretHathersage
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Sat in shade on back patio. Food and service were both excellent. Diavolo and chicken burger were tasty and very satisfying.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I visited here with my friend over the weekend and absolutely loved it. The hosts were warm and friendly, kindly recommending a gin & tonic for me that was beautiful! The food was top notch - the ribs just fell apart and the peach Melba Eton mess was heavenly! I felt comfortable and well looked after and the food and drinks were delicious, so would thoroughly recommend The Sheep.

2  Thank Jacqui S
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

This place has the potential to be brilliant. It's an ideal location, a lovely space, and at first glance the menu looks great, but our evening meal was really poor. I ordered the nachos to start, after 20 minutes a very apologetic waiter told me they didn't have any left, so I went for wings. The buffalo wings were standard fare, nothing wrong with them, but I've had better. My partner's calimari were a little anemic in colour, but again were fine. We went for the aged cote de boeuf as a main, the best cut of meat on the menu, at £60 for two persons. The meat was massively overcooked, we ordered medium-rare and got well-done, and it was a poor cut of beef, waaaaay too fatty. The actual amount of edible meat was miniscule. I'd be amazed if the "triple-cooked chips" had been fully cooked even once, and the portion was too small. The onions in blue cheese and the spinach were great, couldn't fault them, same for the steak sauce. We were so disappointed with the food that we had a quiet word with the waiter, who kindly made adjustments to our bill - we had no issues with the service, save for a missing napkin.

The issues faced by other diners appeared to be far worse than ours, which appeared to be a combination of service and food issues, but they can leave their own reviews.

Really disappointing.

1  Thank George S
TheSheepGM, General Manager at Sheep on Sheep Street, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Hi George,

I am sorry to read that your dining experience at the sheep fell short of your expectations in regards to your dishes, I am pleased to hear there were elements of your evening that you enjoyed, and can only apologise that you feel the food tainted your experience.

We do take all feedback back to the team to improve and do hope you will return to the Sheep and give us another chance as our Chef's do pride themselves on the quality of food they produce.

Warm Regards