“Good food. Great atmosphere.”
Review of The Queens Head

The Queens Head
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Once again we had a super lunch at the Queens head. We always end up here on our visits to stow and that Cotswolds. If you know it's good you return.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

This is my favorite pub in Stow. I never miss coming here when I visit the Cotswolds. The atmosphere is quaint and charming--exactly what I picture an traditional English pub to be. The food is always excellent--you can tell it is made from scratch and with good ingredients. And the beer is great too! The staff is super friendly. I often strike up conversations with the friendly locals. The whole atmosphere is fun and lively. Don't miss a stop at The Queen's Head, even if just for a quick pint. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank AffableChap
Reviewed 1 July 2018

We ate at both The Bell and The Queens Head during our time in Stow on the Wold. We enjoyed both. The Queens Head is more of what I think of as an English pub. The pub food was excellent, especially the steak pie with ender, juicy, flavorful meat in the pie. Washed down with good ale, it was a satisying dinner. I also learned never to order Guiness after ordering the other beverages. Thanks to the bartender for pointing this out. I won't make the same mistake again.

1  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I came to Stow on Sunday, as part of a Cotswolds tour, and it nicely tied in with Sunday lunchtime. My friend and I were recommend the Queens and so found a nice table by the window and settled in! I had the fish & chips - they were nice, but not as good as I’d been told - the chips could have been a bit more exciting! My friend had a lovely roast, with beautifully done meat that was too much to eat! The ambience was nice, warm and friendly, my only gripe being that service was a little slow. All in all, a nice visit though.

1  Thank Jacqui S
Reviewed 25 June 2018

No excuse for the stone flags on the floor or the wooden tables and chairs or even church pews! A real pub as it used to be
Service is drinks at the bar then table service for food
Quality of food is excellent, quality you would not believe! Fish and chips takes TWO plates, most excellent quality
Great “ Pub Grub” selection, all cooked to your liking
Once tried you will return

1  Thank jerry w