“Birthday Lobster”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Rail: Kingham Station
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely birthday meal here and enjoyed the intimate surroundings.
The service was great and there was a nice atmosphere in the restaurant.
The food was lovely with seafood choices which can be limited in the area.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Classy menu and a cut above the rest. Nice atmosphere and attentive staff.
We both had moules mariniere and the taste was perfect but the mussels were a big disappointment. One third were the size of a pea, one third the size of a broad bean and the rest at best the size of a Brazil nut!! We'd had moules last week at Osteria and they were delicious - you could actually taste them!
Gotta be a bit more picky Chef!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Drawn in by the smell of food whilst passing we had popped in to book a table for that evening. Sadly the lobster had sold out early on but we were not disappointed with our second choices ... I had the crab spaghetti and my partner had the mussels both of which were delicious! Lovely, relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant- allowing us to natter away without feeling any pressure to rush. Definitely worth a visit whilst in Stow!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The food here was absolutely delicious! Amazing!! The service is excellent!!

We ordered the mussels to start and the sauce was just to die for and I then order the Dover sole... That day they had changed the menu slightly and I had already chosen what I wanted before going there, they still had the Dover Sole but had changed the sauce with it which I really didn't want and the Waitress was just SO nice! She said they could still make the Meuniere sauce with it (what I had seen on the internet menu) and also I really didn't want chips with it so she whipped up some new potatoes for me also! Was excellent service. My partner ordered the lobster and was thoroughly enjoyed.

Other reviews have commented on the expense of the restaurant, I don't think you can really eat that cheaply with lots of wine these days but for our shared sharter, Lobster, Dover sole, bottle of wine plus two additional glasses of wine the total bill was £110 with a tip.

The staff really made this for me and the Dover sole was literally the best fish I have ever eaten!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Had a lovely meal. Found by chance, liked the look of the restaurant from outside, popped in and managed to get a table for the evening (Friday 4th). Superb Lobster, excellent service. 10/10. Would definitely return.