“Absolutely brilliant ! ”
Review of The Old Butchers

The Old Butchers
Price range: US$25 - US$35
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Rail: Kingham Station
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Amazing food and great service. My wife recommended the place during our visit to Cotswold. Our dinner at the old Butchers stood out - each dish was well styled with great taste. Our best dinner is Cotswold ! Do visit if you are in the region !

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Service impeccable, food well worth the money. A complete contrast to the disappointment of our encounter at the Porch house over the road.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Our family of four came here for dinner. The kids ordered the burger and a salad with smoked salmon and both ate what they ordered, which is a good sign. My wife got the deep fried haddock and she enjoyed it. I ordered the grilled sole which came with a nice crispy skin and was great.

I had been eating pub food for the last few days and this was a good break for me.

1  Thank ACfromATX
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Everything about this place was superb. Had a beautiful lunch on a beautiful day. Shared the charcuterie board and had the half lobster. Just delicious. We will be back. Very nice staff too!

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

My first visit could not get in last year took that as a good sign so booked this year.we were the 2nd table to arrive so we did not wait long to be seated and ordered .acorn fed ham which was tasty as expected,homemade bread with oil and balsamic don’t like it in the same dish as I like oil but not vinegar on my bread .wife had scallops in the shell fresh and well cooked .i ordered Dover sole at £35.00 I was expecting at least a decent size fish .it was only approximately 300grams and far too many capers.chips average .wife chose pork belly cooked long and slow however on reheating fat was not crisped up peas excellent nice black pudding .coming from the north I expected higher prices but for size of portions felt it was expensive don’t mind small portions but price to relate even for dearer fish . This is only a bistro so food not presented like a restaurant,so it was what I expected good ingredients cooked well