“Excellent coffee ”

WickWar Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I'm fussy when it comes to coffee. Not a fan of the stuff sold in the big chains.
The coffee here is excellent. Especially when accompanied by scrummy cake.
Prices are average for this kind of quality.
Has a loo if you drink too much.
On street parking.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I paid a visit to the Wickwar Cafe on the High Street.
I was lucky to be able to park right outside the café, which was good.
We sat on the big wooden table on the left, just as you walked in.
Straight away, I noticed that the table was squeaky clean, as the surface was very smooth.
We had a pot of tea each and sandwiches, which were made using Hobb's Granary bread. The sandwiches came with a side salad, which was very nice too. I noticed that tea leaves were used, instead of tea bags. This was really good, where you had a fuller flavour and where there was a tea strainer built into the pot.
The sandwiches were so fresh and filling (probably the best sandwiches I've had in a long time ).
The girl's who worked there, were very helpful and couldn't do enough for us, hence the 5*.
I would definitely go back there again and would recommend to my family, friends and anyone who would like a nice cup of tea.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Welcomed. Relaxed atmosphere with a short wait for the freshly prepared food. Not a problem - I much prefer it this way.
Friendly and accommodating staff.
I have had coffee and brunch here on a number of occasions, and all very tasty.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Had 45 minutes to spare, after dropping my son off at football, so thought I'd have plenty of time.......? After approximately 15 minutes of ordering it arrived.
Very slow service, despite nice coffee and nice staff. A friend later joined us and ordered an egg sandwich to take away - after 20 minutes of it not arriving we all stood around the counter and the 3 staff didn't really acknowledge us, not even to apologise.
I overheard one of the staff apologising to other diners that the porridge was delayed because a member of staff hadn't come back from the shop - at 10 o'clock in the morning.
Sadly, not the best first impression.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Passing through Gloucestershire and needed a coffee break. We left the motorway and found this place. Welcoming friendly staff, nice and clean with a good variety of drinks and snacks. Would recommend.

Date of visit: March 2017