Lowest prices for your stay
US$91
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$91
Trip.com
US$89
Expedia.comUS$91
Hotels.comUS$91
eDreamsUS$91
1,628 results
All reviews club room dyson fan glass wall privacy glass huge tv modern hotel coffee machine sky tv great facilities leisure facilities steam room rooms are small weekend break the pub comfy bed free parking gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2021

Unfortunately the restaurant let you down. Running out of breakfast for my family wasn’t a good start then not having any tables for dinner was the icing on the cake!! We were advised that there was no need to book a table but then turned away on the evening. We weren’t even offered a time to return. The Portsmouth hotel is quite isolated so it’s not like we could walk out anywhere either. Disappointing really. The pool was good but we were told children were allowed between 0900-1200 but when we were in there they got kicked out of the Lane swimming. My children are teenagers so we were dumbfounded as to why you would advertise family times then kick my not so young children out. The couple of days we were there we were let down, they’re only interested in the gym customers and no focus on the residents. We won’t be using the Village again.

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank HMSDAVE69
Rojan Jimmy, Owner at Village Hotel Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. I am sorry we didn't quite get everything right on this occasion and I have shared your feedback with the relevant departmental managers for review to hopefully alleviate some of the issue you faced.

Reviewed 3 August 2021

Call me old fashioned but what's wrong with a reception desk when you walk into a hotel? It was strange to just see staff wandering around what I assume is the 'lobby' and the room keys are just laid out on a table. She might nip over to type something into her Mac at some point this is the most casual reception I've ever seen.
Then there's no phone in the room but an Alexa instead? Turned that sh*t off immediately. The bathroom 'wall' is actually a window. Yes, I know you can make it frosty but some of appreciate 100% privacy, not 51.354%...
The food/room service was good if not a tad over priced.
The bed was big and comfy but the rest of the room was a little too dark/jazzy/overwhelming - probably because the only source of light is in the bathroom.
Weirdly though, considering all of the above I actually quite liked the hotel. The location was good, and plenty of parking, Starbucks treats in the room waiting for me after a 13 hour shift... it wasn't so bad afterall!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Becca C

Hi Becca,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It did make me chuckle I must say. If you do visit us again please do ask for Jimmy. I would love to say hello.

Reviewed 3 August 2021

I made a booking through Booking.com for which I could cancel for free one night before our 3-night stay. This evening I received a call (I assume from the hotel) asking for full payment tonight to secure the room. When I questioned the change of booking conditions, I was told if I wanted the room I had to pay now. I cancelled the booking.

If this is how they treat their customers before a stay, I dread to think what it will be like staying with them. I will not be booking their hotels again.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank colinbZ7214XS

Hi Colin,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. I am shocked this has happened. Please can you contact me on rojan.jimmy@village-hotels.com so we can discuss this further.

Reviewed 2 August 2021

This hotel is reasonably OK - but I wouldn't recommend it for the following reasons:
1) it's quite far out from Portsmouth if you're there to sight-see, you'll need a car. We booked because we had a voucher and few other options.
2) The bedrooms are very small, and very dark. Our room had no window; there was a window in the bathroom and clear glass separates the bedroom from the bathroom, so a little light filters in but it was really rather like a gloomy dark cave. There's not much space and no wardrobe. It was clean however and the bed was comfortable.
3) The breakfast isn't great. There's not really many options for anyone who's vegan or vegetarian, it's just "eat what isn't meat"- so tomatoes, beans, mushrooms but they don't provide veggie sausages and the cereal options aren't very varied, just 3 option of Kellog's small boxes and no plant-based milk offered.
4) When we checked-in, we were told dinner was included - I had no idea, this wasn't clear when we booked with our voucher. We had already eaten + there's very little veggie option but felt like a waste. At breakfast, we were told we should have booked a table for breakfast (no one had told us this) - it was fine as there was plenty of space but the lady who greeted us was a little off about it.

It was OK and on par with a Travelodge or Premier Inn, but if/when returning to Portsmouth, I wouldn't pick here again. In fact, I wouldn't pick Village Hotel in any location again unless it was very convenient - it just isn't anything special.

1  Thank W0rdSmith

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

Reviewed 2 August 2021

Nice hotel and room. Some staff very nice and helpful. Some were not. When you are paying over £100 for a room I would expect a bottle of water to be complimentary. £4 is excessive for water in my opinion. Charged for 2 breakfasts when we were told we would not be when we had to cancel them. Not acknowledged by reception staff when attempting check out. Although, very Positive staff experience with check in. 2 completely different experiences! Overall very nice hotel and room, just fell short of customer service at the end.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rojan Jimmy, Owner at Village Hotel Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2021

Hi Ibunce934415,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit however there were some elements of your stay that let us down. I am sorry about this. I have shared your feedback with relevant departments and we hope you will choose us again to stay.