3 people are viewing this hotel
US$98
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$93
Hotels.com
US$93
Trip.comUS$98
eDreamsUS$98
TravelocityUS$93
1,601 results
All reviews club room dyson fan glass wall privacy glass tribute night modern hotel huge tv coffee machine sky tv great facilities leisure facilities steam room rooms are small weekend break the pub comfy bed short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Village Portsmouth in July 21 really enjoyed our stay so decided to book a long weekend for my partners birthday. We were greeted again by Charlotte on reception she was professional, friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Thank you Charlotte !
We also had great service at breakfast and dinner from two members of staff in the restaurant Natalie & Toni again we feel.they went the extra mile to ensure we had a good experience. Our room was clean and had every facility you could need, great shower area, large tv was a bonus. Thank you to the gentleman on nights finding us some extra pillows.

Lastly we would like to thank Jimmy the General Manager for the complimentary drinks, he was very approachable. We hope to stay again very soon!!!!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rojan Jimmy, Owner at Village Hotel Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely feedback Donna. It was a pleasure speaking with you outside and sorry about the noise from the party opposite to the hotel. You have my card. Please do let me know when you would like to visit us again in the future..

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I travel a lot, I very rarely write any sort of negative review unless it’s a really bad experience, and to be honest I think Village Hotels have lost their way with this hotel.

The good:
the check in staff were friendly and helpful

The not so good:
The rooms, although clean and functional, are tiny and have the feel and finish of student accommodation.

The bad:
It’s not in Portsmouth.. every trip in and out to Portsmouth was a £14-£18 taxi ride, it’s 4+ miles out of Portsmouth.

Paying extra for parking (it’s not in a city centre where space is limited)

Paying extra for gym use

The downright terrible:
By far the rudest bar staff I’ve ever encountered in my life!!!

One young guy (about 18-19) turned his back and walked off on us whilst one of our group was trying to order a bottle of wine, after 10:30pm.

When we eventually got the wine, a young lady switched all the lights and started sterilising the bar equipment right in front of us using chemicals and ignoring that there were guests trying to have a drink.

When we asked why she was doing this as it was not good hospitality, it was a hotel, she got very stroppy and started telling us she wasn’t going to be spoken to like this!?

At which point our evening was over, at 10:35pm

We did not eat at the hotel at all, given our first hospitality experience there.

I know places are struggling for staff, but these people are doing the Village brand a lot of harm.

Overall it was a bad experience!

Room tip: Book elsewhere
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Yosserwirral,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. I am grateful for all the feedback; negative and positive as it is only through feedback we can improve.

I agree with almost everything you wrote: room size, proximity of hotel from town centre, parking charge, charge to use the leisure facility.

I am however deeply concerned regarding your perception on what happened in the bar on Thursday night. Your friend was very rude to the bar staff and insisted on getting served even after the bar was closed. Because you were residents he offered to serve anything in a bottle so you could enjoy your drinks in the room after the bar had closed. he did serve your friend the bottle of wine. you friend while walking out shoved the bottle of wine in my pregnant waitress's hand and had some poor choice of words "you can shove this bottle up **** a**"

*The reasons my barmen turned around and walked away was to remain professional in his job after your friend had harassed him and was being rude to him. He did not want to be rude towards him and hence he walked away.

*The reason the waitress replied "she wasn’t going to be spoken to like this!?" was in response to what your friend said when he shoved the bottle in her hands. Wouldn't you agree?

Incident was noted by other residents and staff members present.

As said above I am happy to admit fault & apologise for any shortcomings that you may have faced but I am sure you would agree that it was very poor behaviour on your friends part.

If you would like to discuss this matter further please do email me on rojan.jimmy@village-hotels.com.

lastly you started your feedback stating you almost never write negative feedback which is entirely true as I can see through your previous reviews they are always positive. So I am certain that there is a difference in perception to what happened. I am certain you did not witness what happened otherwise you would have stepped in yourself.

Thanks

Jimmy

Reviewed 18 September 2021 via mobile

I am a member of the village gym and I would like to just say how good the staff and instructors are. Especially Lauren Paul who is so enthusiastic with her classes. I love Sunday morning bootcamps she makes it fun and always has time to give advice and her encouragement is always appreciated.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Rojan Jimmy, Owner at Village Hotel Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

Reviewed 17 September 2021

Everything was too technical. Alexa didn't work, couldn't adjust air con temperature. Breakfast was average had to ask for items to be replaced. Pool was lovely although steam room out of action. Great having a Starbucks on site.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank muppets74

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

Reviewed 16 September 2021

I stay in this hotel purely due to convenience of the location as it’s location for work. Having stayed here since the opening night, standards of cleanliness and upkeep have certainly deteriorated. Carpets are stained and shower area needs deep cleaning.
Gluten free food options are almost non existent.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank tracycY9512IO

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. I am sorry your stay was not up to our usual standards. We are making improvements and in the post pandemic world trying to work our way back to our refined service offering. Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future.

Thanks