“Birthday celebration”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Exceptional meal for 4. We started with charcuterie, steak tartare, crispy beef, main courses of oak roasted smoke salmon filet, slow roasted pork shoulder, chateaubriand. Deserts were sorbets, chocolate tort and a wonderful hot pistachio sorbet. Food was wonderful, service friendly. We asked for tapenade to go with bread at the start, that too was good.

BBPortsmouth, Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you taking the time to leave us such a great review.Our pistachio souffle's our beautiful. A fantastic way to round of a meal with us.
Come back and see us again soon.
Kind regards
Cheryl

Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely evening at Brasserie Blanc Portsmouth. The food was delicious; there was a great choice of drinks; and the service was excellent. I hadn’t visited for sometime and so last night reminded me just how good this restaurant is. I will definitely be returning again soon. My children were equally impressed and really enjoyed the children’s menu.

Thank you so much for our 5 star review. So glad to hear you enjoyed our food and service. Fantastic to hear your children enjoyed themselves too. Always good to have the little ones approval too.
Can't wait to welcome your family back.
Kind regards

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Brasserie Blanc is my go to when in Gunwharf. Friendly staff, with a spacious layout and a great atmosphere.

You may need to make a reservation for an evening meal, especially on weekends, but through the day you are generally okay to walk In and be seated.

If you like a Fillet steak, I would highly recommend theirs!

Lovely food, as always!

Thank you so much John for taking the time to leave us such a great review. Our steaks are fantastic, especially our Fillet steak. If you loved the fillet I would highly recommend the Chateaubriand. It's for two to share and carved at the table for you.
Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

I dined here to take a break from shopping, and was so glad I chose Brasserie Blanc over all the other options at Gunwharf Quays. The dining area is spacious and airy, with large windows looking out on to a square.

The food was top rate, and the cheese soufflé that I had as a starter was outstanding with a delicious texture and a strong but not overpowering cheese flavour. My main course of salmon fillet was equally - good cooked to just right so that it was moist and not overcooked and dried up. I was too full for a dessert even though the menu was tempting.

With an impressive wine list, good service, and reasonable prices given the quality of the food I recommend a visit.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Fantastic to hear how much you enjoyed both the food and service we provide here at Portsmouth BB.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

We arrived to a quarter full restaurant, we were greeted warmly and shown to a table of our choice.

The waiter brought tap water immediately and discussed the menu with us, took our drinks order and delivered them without fuss, leaving us to make our decision from the menu and specials.

We started with anchovies and sour dough followed by belly of pork for me and a crab and salmon fishcake for my wife.

Both dishes were well cooked and presented and the waiting staff attentive but not intrusive.

The cost was reasonable and the 10% already added to the bill was deserved. Excellent.

BBPortsmouth, Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. So glad to hear you enjoyed both the food and service we provide here at BB Portsmouth.
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.