“Best French restaurant in Portsmouth ”

Brasserie Lou Lou's
Ranked #131 of 722 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A very nice French Brasserie, that serves beautiful French small plates, we also have a large gin selection, along with a great wine list and a full stocked bar! We have live jazz every Friday from 7:30. We also serve breakfast Friday-Sunday 9:00-11:30
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

A little hidden gem in Marmion Road Southsea - genuine and classy French Restaurant. Multiple visits this year - the breakfast is wonderful, the Croque Madame/Monsieur wonderful and the French Onion soup is mind blowing. Very intimate setting, the wine list is excellent and sometimes live music (jazzy stuff, nothing too loud) - service was a little patchy but now back on point. Love it.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Great Food Great Service Great place to spend your time, Ricky the Manager is great and we will be coming back

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

No where better in Southsea at all.

Lulu's is the best restaurant in Southsea. Amazing food, service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

Visited Lou Lou’s French Brasserie last week with my husband and daughter. We were made to feel very welcome by a young tattooed waitress, who went out of her way to interact with my little one, despite the restaurant being busy. We were shown the specials board and were recommended the mussels by our waitress, which my husband went with. They were cooked in a creamy herb sauce, can’t quite remember what it was, but it looked and smelled delicious. I went for the vegetarian tartiflette and we chose the tomato pasta for our daughter, which for a children’s meal was very tasty. Overall, the food, service and atmosphere were wonderful. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 22 May 2016

The second time I have been here and for the second time it has been great! I am a fussy eater and do not normally leave over-positive reviews, but this was the best meal I had in ages. I absolutely recommend the place and it's lamb shank and St Emilion. This is one of the very best places for dinner in Portsmouth. We were there with a 4 month old kid and this posed no problem whatsoever.