Having stayed in a few Ibis hotels across Europe, I knew what I was expecting. Very basic but comfy decor which was good value for money.
However, I found the price here to be more expensive (£70 a night) compared to other Ibis hotels in Europe, especially when internet isn't even included in the rooms or lobby like other ones I've stayed in.
The city centre tends to get quite loud in the weekends with revellers, so if you have a street facing room then the windows need to be shut otherwise it gets really noisy.
We also had a 3rd bed installed in our room (which we didn't ask for), which made the room a lot smaller. I would have asked to change but it was ok as we were only staying one night. Some bathrooms are really a lot smaller compared to others.
Overally I would say it was ok and I would stay again as I know what I get with Ibis standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis is the only city centre hotel in Portsmouth located 3 min walk from Portsmouth & Southsea train station, shopping centre and Guild Hall, 15 min walk from Gunwharf Quays, D Day Museum and shipyards. Hotel is nearly 100% refurbished and has 24- hour Reception and Restaurant, 2 conference rooms, on site car parking and Wifi in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ibis Portsmouth Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hotel Portsmouth
- Accor Portsmouth Centre
- Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hampshire