Upon arriving we were warmly welcomed by a gentleman at the reception. Although there was not sufficient parking, he was very informative about where else to park and luckily a student union parking spot was next door. Although you have to pay, it was only 2 pounds for 24 hr parking.
When arriving, the gentleman presented us with a welcome bag - Maltesers, banana and some slippers, which was a nice surprise, especially since we only booked one night. It was all done swiftly via their mobile application and then we ventured up to the room. The decor is very modern and artistic in style and the room was petite but made great use of the space. It had everything you needed for a weekend stay but I wouldn't enjoy anymore than that in that room. One issue I had was they had two towels for each of us to use for the shower but no hand towels so if you dont mind washing your bits with the same towel as your face then you are laughing really.
Breakfast the next morning was an absolute delight. It was all hot and was constantly kept on top of by the staff and the chef. The food was good quality and tasted very nice. There wasn't a huge selection of breads but if you like your croissants and a generic bread for toast then you cant go wrong here. Apart from my partner becoming disappointed with the fact that in the hotel room it advertised breakfast with pictures of avocado and other luxurious delights to then be presented with non of those suggestions then I would say that breakfast was a hit!
You then drop your key card into the box at reception and be on your way as though you were never there in the first place, ideal for those who hate awkward goodbyes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis is the only city centre hotel in Portsmouth located 3 min walk from Portsmouth & Southsea train station, shopping centre and Guild Hall, 15 min walk from Gunwharf Quays, D Day Museum and shipyards. Hotel is nearly 100% refurbished and has 24- hour Reception and Restaurant, 2 conference rooms, on site car parking and Wifi in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ibis Portsmouth Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hotel Portsmouth
- Accor Portsmouth Centre
- Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hampshire