This hotel is very modern, continental style and very spacious on the ground floor. The bar, reception lounge and restaurant are all bright and cheerful with modern styling. Drinks a little expensive and food not fantastic but ok. It is what it is but I thought the menu limited and pricey for what they served. Breakfast was good with a great variety but the hot food had been left on the warmer a bit too long. The rooms are clean but quite compact. The bathrooms even more compact and required some contortions to use the loo if you are a little overweight like me! The staff were mainly young and not english but all cheerful and helpful and friendly.
The room was hot with a small electric noisy fan which you could not have on while sleeping. neither could we open the windows as the extractor fans were outside and really noisy.
I would use the hotel again if i got it on a deal but i would eat and drink elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis is the only city centre hotel in Portsmouth located 3 min walk from Portsmouth & Southsea train station, shopping centre and Guild Hall, 15 min walk from Gunwharf Quays, D Day Museum and shipyards. Hotel is nearly 100% refurbished and has 24- hour Reception and Restaurant, 2 conference rooms, on site car parking and Wifi in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ibis Portsmouth Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hotel Portsmouth
- Accor Portsmouth Centre
- Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hampshire