Arrived a early and was told to go away and come back at check in time. No offer to store bags.
Came back later and they have adopted the no counter check in system where you try to find a person with a check in tee shirt. The receptionist was busy with a complicated foreign visitors needs so I waited and eventually another receptionist appeared and a git my room key and a present of some bottled water sweets and slippers.
Got to the room and as it was hot I looked for the air conditioning control, only to find there was none, only a small electric fan.
The room design was crazy so needed to move furniture to get into the bathroom and the light fittings had cables coming out of the headboard up to the ceiling and back to the light fitting, which looked like a possible hanging accident and surely can't comply with Health and Safety rules.
I booked a double room, but got two single beds, so not ideal.
Looks like the place has been refurbished, but lots of wasted space with the corridor being wider than the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis is the only city centre hotel in Portsmouth located 3 min walk from Portsmouth & Southsea train station, shopping centre and Guild Hall, 15 min walk from Gunwharf Quays, D Day Museum and shipyards. Hotel is nearly 100% refurbished and has 24- hour Reception and Restaurant, 2 conference rooms, on site car parking and Wifi in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ibis Portsmouth Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hotel Portsmouth
- Accor Portsmouth Centre
- Ibis Portsmouth Centre Hampshire