A return visit for us - such a transformation. Gone - creaky doors, miserable bathrooms, dull corridors and dangerous flagpoles! This new generation of holiday inn express hotels is super -
large car park and easy access off the motorway [look for the shell petrol station when turning in] Close to Portsmouth and all its attractions and the ferries.
smart public areas - contemporary but still with comfort.
lovely spacious bedrooms, very comfortable bed with good quality bed linen, smart decor and a great bathroom with power shower. Extras like blackout curtains, pillow choice, full length mirror, excellent large flat screen TV, lots of plug points, sofa bed in family room, kettle, iron etc. Corridors are very quiet and we didn't hear much noise from other bedrooms. Air conditioning is very quiet as well.
Easy and efficient WI FI used in lounge area and bedroom.
Price includes breakfast [children stay/eat free] which offers a good variety - cooked and continental [I found my porridge, the husband his favourite - croissant with marmalade] Then we both had scrambled egg and bacon!!!
Staff helpful and pleasant.
Unfortunately dinner was a bit of a disappointment but this hotel is so keen to get things right I am sure they will sort this out. It was slow service the night we stayed - burgers, pies etc on the menu.
note - no safe in rooms and not a lot of storage. WE personally were not that keen on the orange shower/hair wash in the bathroom. Beware of trip hazard of amazingly long cord on the hairdryer - you could skip with it!!!!
Good value for money, very comfortable and we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North, offering contemporary accommodation just a ten minute drive from the Historic Dockyard, home to the Lord Nelson's HMS Victory, and Portsmouth's thriving city centre. Gunwharf Quays is a fantastic location to enjoy great shopping and dining and the famous Spinnaker Tower can be seen from miles around. Southampton Airport is just 30 minutes away by car. Paulton's Park, home to Peppa Pig World, is just 30 minutes away. This Portsmouth hotel has recently been extensively refurbished and is now a proud member of the Holiday Inn Express family. We are proud to offer a friendly welcome, comfortable accommodation and a convenient location for business and leisure guests. Our guests can enjoy great facilities including evening meals and a licensed bar. All of our rates include breakfast so our guests wake up from a great night's sleep and enjoy a tasty and filling start to their day. Please note, due to an issue with our premises license we are not permitted to sell any alcohol from Friday 26th May until Tuesday 30th May. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Portsmouth Hotel Portsmouth
- Hilton International Portsmouth
- Portsmouth Hilton International
- Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North Hampshire