“Best steak in the city.”

Bar + Block Steakhouse
Ranked #26 of 671 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Description: Only a 10-minute walk away from Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Bar + Block Steakhouse is an informal, all-day dining restaurant with a focus on high quality steaks. The contemporary restaurant design features a large open kitchen, spectacular central bar and rustic design elements including timbers, exposed brick walls and warm lighting.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food, great range of drinks, great decor design and top class service from Georgie. 100% recommend this place.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank esmatravel
Write a reviewReviews (199)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Me and my partner come to you today, we had the fillet steak 12oz each, and I must say, it was the best steak we have ever had, it was so nice.
Everyone was following covid rules.
The food was amazing, we also got a dessert as well I I got sticky toffee pudding and my partner got the churros, we struggled to eat them as we was so full from the steak, but I would come back again, the lady that served us was called zoe, she was amazing as well. Thank you to the cooks and the staff there. I had a fantastic meal fir my 25th birthday today, thank you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a great place for great food and service. My wife and me had the beer can chicken and the fillet steak. The meat was so flavoursome and juicy and the triple cooked chips were so good. The service was 1st class and all COVID-19 processes were followed. Please try. And thank you Andy for looking after us. We will be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Of course the primary function of this restaurant is to provide breakfast and dinner for the guests of the Premier Inn, but as a standalone it does also warrant attention from anyone looking for a meal and few drinks in the dockyard area.

We ate there on two occasions so experienced both dinner and breakfast. For the latter it is probably true to say that they just manage to keep on top of things running table service in Covid times and a return to the buffet style will be welcomed

As we were sat by the chefs for the evening meal it was possible to see them at work and it did look like some ingredients were being brought in rather then prepared "mise en place" - nothing inherently wrong with that but it does give the impression of a canteen rather than restaurant

Steaks are the star performers here but everything else is good from what I observed.

In conclusion, worth consideration at this price point

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank Hanham V
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A lovely meal in a casual setting. Hattie our server was amazing, attentive and friendly. The free beefy popcorn was a lovely touch and great snack to start the meal with. First time here, will definitely come again.