“Felt like holiday!”

O Sole Mio Two
Ranked #158 of 672 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant in Port Solent marina.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I finally got around to eating at this place last night having been in the area for 10+ years!!

Sat outside in glorious sunshine by the marina, surrounded by Italian music, waiters and decoration, it genuinely felt like holiday! The staff here were attentative and friendly.

We stayed for a good few hours, having various courses to extend the experience. I must confess that I don't typically go for Itialian for a meal out, but I really enjoyed this and will def be back again, and soon. I would say the lasagne is one of the best I've had, delicious flavours and the cheese on top was properly gooey! The pasta was fresh as well, the starters really made us feel like we were in a different country too. Only thing missing from this place is carafes of wine! You can buy bottle but there's something satisfying about a carafe!

Genuine authentic Italian food and service, well worth a visit! #supportlocal

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (554)

Reviewed 5 August 2021

We went here for the first time last night and I have to say we were all delighted with our choice. We were welcomed into the restaurant and treated to some of the best food we have had in a long time.
The rib-eye steak was enormous and the chips perfect. Three of us ordered pizza that came with a fantastically light, hand made dough base but had to take some home as despite our best efforts the amazing starters meant we couldnt quite manage them all.
We had also had the olives which were huge and just incredible.
The wine was really cold which is always a winner but the chefs hand made cheesecakes were something else!
We will definitely be back soon and would highly reccomend this family run business and wish them every success following a tough 18 months. Superb!

Reviewed 5 August 2021

Everything about our visit was fantastic. Staff were friendly and the owner at front of house added that personal touch and she couldnt do enough for us.
The food was devine, well presented, authentic and tasted incredible.
I will be back and I will be recommending! Thank you!

Reviewed 30 July 2021

We usually love this restaurant. Have taken our friends and family here many times as we live close by. Our visit recently was extremely disappointing. We were first sat on a lovely table in the center of the resturant but then asked 10 mins later to move, which we did onto a contested on a table in the corner where my elderly wife was sat on a bench! We asked her for a cushion and thought nothing else of it. Our food came out, bread rolls were black they had been burnt so much and the carbonara was so cold that all of the food had conjested into a massive lump. The restaurant was extremely busy, therefore we didn’t want to make a fuss, however this isn’t acceptable for the price that we paid!

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 14 July 2021

We attempted to eat here a few nights ago on a very quiet, warm mid week evening. We hadn't booked, but given the amount of empty tables both inside and outside we assumed it wouldn't be a problem. We had our newborn baby with us, who was sleeping in his small carry cot (as he often does!)

However upon enquiring if they could fit us in the staff member we were engaging with took one look at our sleeping newborn and curtly replied with "Nope, booked up!" and swiftly walked off.

This may not sound like much, but it was said in such a dismissive, condescending manner. Totally uncalled for. As a result we popped over to Zizzis, who couldn't do enough for us! Great food and staff. A stark contrast to the 'welcome' we recieved here.

What really bugged me is we were overlooking this establishment for several hours as we ate and they were certainly not booked up as we were led to believe. Quite the contrary in fact as 90% of the tables both inside and outside remained unoccupied! Something I re-checked as we were leaving after our meal. I counted about a dozen customers walk through the door over the space of roughly 2-3 hours in a resturant that seats many more (even with social distancing in place).

I'm sure the food here is great and I'm all for supporting local businesses, but a little politeness goes along way in attracting both new customers and maintaining a loyal customer base.

Date of visit: July 2021