My wife and I booked this hotel for a weekend in Portsmouth based on the high standard of Trip Advisor reviews. We were very disappointed. We booked a standard room which was very pokey. With a queen bed in there, there was half a metre of space on one side of the bed and one metre on the other, with about one foot of space at the bottom of the bed between it and the desk/wardrobe. This might be fine for a single traveller, but it was no good for a couple. What's more, the standard rooms are at the back of the hotel on the ground floor, and for some reason, the windows are limited so that they open no more than 1 inch If you like fresh air, it makes the room warm and claustrophobic. The view is off a fence/wall.
The bathroom was a good size, but old fashioned with a bath, a shower over the bath that was hard to regulate and drably decorated.
The staff tried hard and the public rooms are nice, but we wouldn't go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the latest - and funkiest – boutique hotel in Portsmouth and Southsea - G! Boutique Hotel. Each room is unique, personal, quirky, original and the hotel benefits from a stunning guest lounge, funky cellar-bar, and a unique feel to all aspects of the ambiance, look and service. Rooms include Luxury buffet/a la carte breakfast, free wifi broadband, wide-screen Freeview HD TVs in all the rooms, premium complimentary bathroom products and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your G! Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaufort Hotel Portsmouth
- G! Boutique Hotel Portsmouth, Hampshire