“Lovely lunch”

Price range: US$10 - US$63
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

Second time at the chambers & would say this is a lovely place to come for lunch. Staff very attentive, served promptly & didn't have to wait long for our salads & baguettes to arrive. Food was good, one of us had tarte au citron too which came with ice cream & fruit on the side..lovely!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed 11 June 2015

I will keep this simple as I have a tendency to go on. I was told by a couple of friends that staff here were arrogant and also the steaks were over done. To be honest they told me after so I will tell you why I was surprised. Firstly, restaurant has a very cosey feel. You can sit in lounge area, all wood old country manor style but kind of modern. A nice bar area and low lights give this a welcoming feeling. We were also given the option of towards the back area so we had a look. There is a green conservatory (as in lots of plants and water fall) we decided to sit here. We were dealt with by two waiters. Both he and she were very polite and happy. I found a couple of ants on my table so if you are reading this please sort that out. We had bread selection accompanied by oil and balsamic. This was okay, bread could be warm though. We had scallops and these noodle chicken wraps. Both were very nice. I think the scallops were cooked to perfection. Crispyon outside but rare in middle. Noodle wrap things were tasty. Very light. Perhaps but too cold and maybe too much noodle but I'm being picky as they did what they were meant to do and start you off. For mains we had burger and bream. Both were excellent. Tender fish on risotto which was tasty and creamy. The burger was the second best I have ever had. No scrimping on cheese or bacon. These were substantial and the meat was thick. I say the burger was second best because Ashbys used to do the best. Now they don't as they changed owners and don't have the chef or the menu. For desert we had chocolate brownie and lemon tart. Both had a nice home cooked feel. Lemon could be creamier and thicker but after I had the Cointreau coffee which I cannot stress enough you have to try ( was perfectly balanced, smooth and creamy) I then was in pain. In pain from too much food. I didn't sleep a wink as it hurt so much, that you can take as a good sign. Now as you hear from me there were a few minor quibbles. Almost enough to bring it down to 4 stars but I will let you in on a secret. On a certain day there is a raffle. If you win the ticket, all food will be paid for. And guess what.. We won. So as you can tell this raised it up to 5 stars. We still had to pay for wine which wasn't too badly priced. It was such a good ending to a pleasant night.

Reviewed 8 June 2015

Wonderful afternoon with our family, sitting upstairs in a lovely room and between courses sitting outside on the roof top terrace. Excellent food and happy helpful staff. Everyone had a lovely time and a great dining experience.

1  Thank RichardandPauline
Reviewed 8 June 2015

There was nothing I disliked - the atmosphere, ambience, staff, food - just everything was up to expectation and more.

1  Thank JacquiN111
Reviewed 6 June 2015

from outside it looks quite small,How wrong can you be,
once inside it opens out into several different sections on different floors,
The was excellent 5* Dave is the perfect host with such passion for his establishment and pride for his staff and food.
A very, very rewarding experience, in comfortable sophisticated surroundings.
Well Done.