“Our Interesting Story”
Review of The Master Fryer

The Master Fryer
Ranked #90 of 725 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were driving from Bournemouth to Brighton as a part of our road tour in South England. We were looking for a good place to eat on our way. My wife loves fish and chips and always searches for the best fish and chips places wherever we go in UK. Based on TA review, she found The Master Fryer in Portsmouth. We did not intend to visit Portsmouth. We drove in Portsmouth just for this fish and chips place. Guess what? We had one of our excellent fish and chips experiences. We loved it. My wife had haddock and I tried cod. Both were very delicious. The batter on the fish was crispy, light and fluffy. The chips were excellent as well. It is a family run business. We had a very warm welcome. We definitely recommend The Master Fryer. It was a treat for us.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve had fish and chips all over the uk. And this is by far the best I’ve had.. top top top quality food. I nearly lick the plate clean. I will definitely be back.

I had large Fish and chips-saveloy -mushy peas- curry sauce-

The best in Portsmouth.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

We visited The Master Fryer yesterday based upon the reviews on this site. We were not disappointed. Kem and his team provided a friendly welcome and a superb fish and chip supper. In fact it was the best fish and chips we have had in a very long time. Thanks and well done to you all

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I come to this place because I know that they cook to order their fish.
It's would be still hot when I take it home.
The potatoes they use for their chips are of good quality and crispy.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We have just had another quality family fish and chip supper from the Master Fryer in North End, Portsmouth. The Quality and choice is second to none. The chips are always perfect and the fish fresh and tasty. This establishment knows how to do the simple things consistently well. It's only fish and chips some would say, but no, this is our true national dish given the respect is deserves from a dedicated Fryer. We travel from Horndean to North End to pay homage.