Lowest prices for your stay
US$78
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$78
Trip.com
US$71
PricelineUS$78
Hotels.comUS$78
Agoda.comUS$78
All reviews mercer collection florence arms residential street sea front parking permit quiet area good size lovely hotel comfortable rooms gunwharf quays properties pub seafront bath mattress dockyard
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 November 2021 via mobile

We have visited this hotel many times and always find it clean, warm and very comfortable, beds are a good size as are thr bedrooms themselves.
The staff are really friendly and very helpful the breakfast are cooked excellently. It is within reach of many places
to visit in the area and within walking distance of a decent restaurant.

Room tip: Parking can be a little difficult but many roads around to park in.
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 1chooseylady
Reviewed 13 October 2021 via mobile

A nice quick check in with a polite lady behind the desk.
The room was located on the first floor,a nicely decorated modern room.
It didn’t have a fresh smell when you entered and wasn’t cleaned to a good standard.
The bed and pillows had lots of hairs on both human and what looked like pet hair.
I cleaned these all off.
The skirting board around the whole room was covered in dust and there were hairs on the chair that was in the room.
Bathroom had hairs in,I cleaned the majority of them.
Looking at the carpet close up it needed a Hoover,as there were crumbs and more hair,however from a distance to the eye this would look clean.
I felt uncomfortable at this point so made a complaint on my way out before dinner.
The guy at the desk said he would go and take a look.
On my return I noticed they had cleaned the skirting board and a large hair had gone from the sink.
There was still no smell of freshness and hairs remained on the chair.
Cleaning was not done to a high standard at all especially if you allow animals in the hotel as well.
I have been put off staying in an animal friendly hotel for this reason as there were so many short white hairs everywhere and I am allergic to pet hair.
However because of the great reviews I gave this one a go.
I didn’t sleep to well that night thinking of the bed I was sleeping in wasn’t clean.
The sheets inside were clean but the duvet cover and pillows weren’t.
Lucky to find parking along the road in which a permit was given.

Reviewed 27 September 2021 via mobile

Having been away on a cruise we decided to stay at Florence garden for a night before returning home. When checking in we was advised to find a space in the surrounding roads using a visitor’s parking permit which was a nightmare to find! Came out in the morning to find my tyre slashed which was a nice surprise, when I spoke to the hotel about this issue was advised they have problems with the neighbours in the past, I asked for the manager to contact me about this problem but 3 weeks on still no reply! £195 for a nights stay and £188 for a new tyre and not so much as an apology!!!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reception H, General Manager at Florence Gardens Boutique Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are of course disappointed by the comments you have made and for the problems you encountered during your stay with us.

The facts of the matter are that on arrival at the hotel you parked in a disabled bay opposite the main reception and explained you were a blue badge holder so were able to use this space. As a small business, we strive to maintain good relationships with our neighbours, a number of whom are elderly and struggle with walking even short distances, so we do try and keep the disabled bays clear for their use where possible. On this occasion a member of staff explained this to you, you were very understanding of the situation and more than happy to move to a space a few yards down the road.

Having then used your vehicle later that day you arrived back at the hotel late that evening and parked in the disabled bay for the night, nothing was mentioned of vandalism to your vehicle on check out and it was only brought to our attention later that day when you called us. The receptionist you spoke to was very sympathetic to your situation and passed this information onto the manager on duty who then contacted you about this. The duty manager advised you to report the matter to the police and confirmed that the hotel would help with any investigation the police might undertake. We can only assume you have not yet notified the police as we have yet to hear from them regarding this matter.

After asking to be compensated for the damage to your tyres the duty manager (Charlotte) did explain that although we understand your frustration we are not held liable for any damages made to your vehicle whilst staying at the property – as would be the same with any hotel across the world. After a lengthy conversation with Charlotte regarding this you insisted to speak to the owner, you were informed that the owner was away and a response from them would not be immediate.

As yet it has not yet been established who was responsible for the damage to your vehicle and as such, we feel it is very unfair of you to make accusations that a local resident was responsible (especially on such a wide social media platform) when there is simply no evidence to support your claims.

We are sorry that you have felt the need to leave this review which can be very damaging to a small business like ourselves, especially when the contents of it were not brought to our attention when you or your car were with us so we could see/help more and would once again like to suggest you contact the relative authorities about this matter, we will, of course, be more than willing to assist in their enquiries.

Reviewed 9 September 2021

Very nice hotel with with professional staff and service 5* hotel, we enjoyed the the restaurant on breakfast time which was amazing, short walk from location to the beach, room was nice clean an bigger, wonderful place .
I will highly recommend, and I hope to come back soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

We visited here as a last minute long weekend break. We booked two rooms, ours was a superior king which was exceptionally large and very comfortable. The other room was a small double and it was just as well that only one person was using it as it was very small. The breakfast menu had a good selection and the food plentiful. My husband had the full English breakfast and found it to be well cooked. I chose the Greek Yoghurt Pot which was served with an excellent choice of fresh fruit. The only problem we found with the hotel was the parking. Whilst we were there it was almost impossible to park anywhere near the hotel. Although, it has to be noted that the owner did give up his parking place on the two occasions when we couldn't get parked close to the hotel. I don't usually book a hotel where there isn't on-site parking and I feel that the owners should be honest about the problems with the parking in what is predominantly a residential area with on street parking. On the plus side the hotel is right opposite The Florence Arms which is an exceptional pub.

We enjoyed our visit to Southsea and would certainly be happy to return.

Date of stay: August 2021