US$121
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$86
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$66
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

US$81
US$74
US$88
US$86
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Hunters Lodge(Southampton)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$85
US$82
Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$71
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$71
PremierInn.com
Book now, pay at stay
US$41
Travelodge
    Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$52/night.

All reviewsfull english breakfastmayflower theatrestayed hereshower roomwill stay there againcity centrehome from homeneeded somewheretrain stationwithin walking distanceone night stayguesthousestopovertoiletcruise
    Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

I Stayed Here for 1 night on Sunday 9th July 2017 for the Graduation of my daughter from the Solent University which was a 10 minute walk away. Looks can be deceiving as from the outside it does look a little bit on the rough side but I think the whole street does but on entering I was in for a very pleasant surprise. I was greeted by a very friendly young lady who was happy to explain everything I needed to no about my stay including the car park next door which was £5 per night. As I turned up on a Sunday evening I was informed that I could park outside the front until 8.30 am the following morning.
    The room although very small had everything I needed for a nights stay. Tea and coffee making facilities, small tv and room to put your clothes. The room was very tastefully decorated and very clean and tidy. The shared shower room and toilet was on the small side but really was not a problem .You have to remember you are paying for a budget B&B not a 5 star hotel and a very tidy, comfy and pleasant B&B at that. Breakfast was Served at 7 am and how wonderful it was. Home from home you wouldn't get better in a five star believe me.
    All in all I had a terrific stay and would recommend it to anyone. Well done and many thanks to all the staff.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
    Reviewed 28 June 2017

Warm welcome, had one of the downstairs room in the new extension not big but large enough for a Very Comfortable double bed on one wall and a Shower room in the cupboard (get undressed in the room and same for the toilet) i think the term is compact but it was great. Good sleep and a good breakfast.Very nice host would definitely go back if i went to Southampton overnight. Just over the road and round the corner from the Mayflower Theatre. Very Good Value for money.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 23 June 2017

We booked on line through a well know on line booking company. After a long drive to get there at 9:00pm I was shocked by poor appearance of Hotel. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment which we assumed was part of the main guest house, NOT! When we arrived we told to go across the street to the Clairmont and they would walk us to the apartment. The apartment was about a 1/4 of a mile away. As a family of 5 which includes 3 children I feared for my families safety. As a previous guest stated "Looks like halfway house for vagrants".
    We were told to follow two ladies to the apartment, they walked we drove behind them. The area this guest house is in appears to be unsafe and not well kept, lots of Graffiti around the area. When we arrived at the apartment the building was in worse shape than the guest house which I already felt was terrible. Worse was yet to come. When my wife and I were let into the apartment we found the actual place wasn't even close to the pictures the company posts on line. The carpets were stained, the doors were covered with laminate to make then look like solid wood. The whole place was shabby and poorly maintained. We were shown the sitting room which was smaller than the car we arrived in. We then told there were more bedrooms upstairs, which was true. However, they were in the attic with no windows, there was a skylight. It was so hot in the attic with no air movement at all. After reviewing the place and the safety issues in the area we decided not to stay. Renter BEWARE - right after we left, they charged my Amex card for the night. I am working on getting a full refund. Do yourself a favor DON'T STAY HERE. As the other guest said "RUN FOR HILLS".

I travel to many places for business and pleasure and have never experienced such a bad case of misrepresentation!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
    • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
    3  Thank ianstreet2017
    Reviewed 22 June 2017

I stayed 3 nights in May. The Mayview is well located, within walking distance of many points of interest. There is no lift and no air conditioning, but the staff go the extra mile to accommodate. As long as you keep in mind that this is a modest guest house, you should be well pleased. I will stay there again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We booked as close to mayflower. But was shocked be poor appearance of Hotel. Looks like halfway house for vagrants.
    Broken fittings and bedroom door locks badly repaired. Appears to
    Be unsafe.
    We were shown to our room that had shared facilities. Dirty poorly fitted shower room.
    We didnt feel able to use let alone share.
    We didn't even sit down. We picked up our overnight bag and left.
    Laundry was being sorted on the dining area. I wouldn't particularly like to eat there. Certainly previous reviews appear to like it. But think they must have been completed be friends and families. As complete misrepresentation of what you actually have before you. Run for the hills

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank 49nikib
    Lee F, Owner at Mayview Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

I must admit I am quite surprised by your comments. The whole premise has been recently renovated, and renewed from the top down and as such we feel it is pretty together, as do almost all of our other guests. I have also personally inspected the lock on the door to your room and various other rooms and I have not found anything broken or badly repaired.

Regarding your comments regarding family and friends reviews, our reviews and rankings are genuine, if you take a look across all review sites, (over 2000 reviews at last count) we are ranked highly for cleanliness, safeness and comfort.

Regards