Madison House
The Blue Keys(Southampton)
The Winston Hotel(Southampton)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscoffee tea making facilitiesfree wificomfortable bedtvcereal
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I booked into the above hotel for a 3 nights stay and was made welcome by Barbara whom then showed me to my room, WOW were my first impressions(room3) the room was comfortable warm and so inviting i didnt want to leave it, the en-suite was great didnt want to get out of the bath. Unfortunatly i did not have the breakfast (as i dont eat breakfast) but that too smelt inviting. There is also the a FREE Wi Fi connection that was in my room which enable me to check my emails
Hats off to Barbara and staff for keeping the high standards up.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank sweetsista
MadisonGuestHouse, Owner at Madison House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.
Barbara

Reviewed 10 July 2012

My Husband and I stopped here ages ago. We arrived at the drive of the property and found there was no room so we drove round the back. I went to check in and was confronted by an elderly women who was reputed to be the owner's Mother. She gave me a ticking off for not parking where she thought I should have parked and I thought this was a very unfriendly welcome considering I was a customer having come a great distance. The rest of the family were nicer and provided a good service.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WanderersNottingham
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

I am so sorry you had this experience. My mum was known to be grouchy sometimes as she suffered a great deal of pain in her final years. Sadly she died in May 2011. I appreciate that customers should not have suffered for her pain and hope you will stay with us again if you are in the area. Best Wishes. Barbara

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed here on my first arrival to UK. I could not expect more. My basic requirements for accommodation in Hotels or B&Bs in UK are the need for a TV (With free view at least), towels, adjustable room heating, En-suite bathroom and toilet and a decent bed. Added extras are free internet connection, spacious bedroom and tea making facilitates. Madison House has all and have not scrimped on quality to provide them. I would rather say, the facilities were excellent and the Barbara(Owener) was very helpful. She helped me to know the city better by providing maps. She was always there to help anytime. She is very good natured lady. I’ll highly recommend Madison House if you are looking for Premier Inn standard but with a homely feel. Thanks again Barbara for all the support and care...Mumtaz Naiyer

Room Tip: All the rooms are good..choose according to your preference
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Mohammed N
Reviewed 9 March 2011

I stayed at the Madison House B&B whilst working in Southampton for a number of months and I must say it’s a very very good B&B.

My basic requirements for accommodation in Hotels or B&Bs in UK are the need for a TV (With free view at least), towels, adjustable room heating, En-suite bathroom and toilet and a decent bed. Added extras are free internet connection, spacious bedroom and tea making facilitates. Madison House has all and have not scrimped on quality to provide them. There is parking space in the compound and if fully used more free parking on the side street (1 minute away).

Of course I cut a deal as I knew I was staying for long periods but even then the original price was fair. I never had breakfast but it always smelt nice. Barbara (Owner) was too kind in changing me from a road facing room to a room at the back when I told her I was a light sleeper.

I’ll recommend Madison House if you are looking for Premier Inn standard but with a homely feel. On its location, I’ll say it suited to those that drive as it is situated in a nice quite residential area. If you are looking to be in the centre of things like cinema, shopping centres and chain eateries then look elsewhere.

Thanks Barbara.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2010

We stayed here just one night whilst visiting our daughter and although we had visited her at Southampton before as she moved into Shirley wanted to find somewhere a bit closer.
We were not disappointed with Madison House - we did have our doubts before booking as the website could do with an update, however this was unfounded.
Very friendly welcome; easy to find; nicely decorated, clean room, with all facilities; breakfast very good; parking available; free wi-fi, with clear instructions in the room.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple