“Afternoon Tea”
Review of Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Winchester
Reviewed 29 June 2018

We had been given a voucher for afternoon tea here as a present and having read the reviews we approached the event with some trepidation but we were very pleasantly surprised. The waitress serving us was pleasant and efficient, the standard of the food was good - I have certainly had far worse for far greater cost - we did not have to wait for our pot to be refreshed and they had not run out of anything so we had no complaints. Combined with a walk around the beautiful Cathedral buildings of Winchester it was a very enjoyable afternoon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We went here for tea but they'd run out of some of the menu items so we wound up with just pots of tea and some cakes - which were fine.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

The coffee I had was the worse I have tasted from a coffee shop in a long while, it was so bitter, when I pointed this out at the check and all he did was just shrugged his shoulder and said some people like it bitter and some do not, well I do not. in fact there are 4 reasons why a coffee will taste bitter.
1, You're letting your coffee steep for too long.
2, You're using the wrong grind size.
3, The water is too hot.
4, The equipment is dirty

We have no intention at this stage in returning back there to have a coffee,
so unless you like your coffee tasting very bitter avoid this place.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We always call in to this chain when we go to various towns and cities, nice cake and coffee is our treat, my partner ordered smoothie and I ordered Coke Zero as it was so warm, they had run out of the coke, no problem I chose Diet Coke, my partner had hit drink approximately fifteen minutes before me, our toasties eventually came out and couldn't fault them, very tasty, we then ordered a cake to finish, none of the cakes on display were labelled, after about twenty minutes we called the waiter over, he had forgotten to do our cakes, no apology and when we asked for a fork as there was only one on the table, he went to the next table and took one of that and gave us that one, even though there were people sat there, the toilets, well two ladies toilets, one seemed to be closed off but nothing on the door, the other had no lock on the door. Milk was spilt on the floor right by a step and no one bothered to clean it up the whole time we were there, we could not wait to get out and we will not be returning to the Winchester shop, come on management sort out your act, so many negative reviews

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Set tea for 2 was nice and no extra charge for changing tea to coffee. Had to wait rather along time for our order. Also they were unable to make any adaptions for my lactose intolerant grandson, as all the sandwiches come in ready made. Not impressed as you would expect a chain like this to be aware and have provision for allergy's. Luckily my daughter-in law is always armed with alternative snacks for such situations.