“Incredible experience & beverages! Definitely worth a visit x”
Review of Proudfoot & Co.

Proudfoot & Co.
Ranked #60 of 192 Restaurants in Winchester
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Description: We are British drinks innovators #fortheboldandcurious. We preserve the past to innovate for the future. Whether foraging, fermenting, or barrel-aging, we combine rare ingredients with lost techniques to create one-of-a-kind drinks #fortheboldandcurious. All our creations are <0.5% ABV for a more inclusive and unique drinking experience.
Reviewed 14 August 2021

Stumbled across this place yesterday evening whilst wandering Winchester. It initially caught our eye because it was the only place open at the time of the evening for a (non-alcoholic) drink but then we were drawn in by the interior & intrigue. Once inside, the staff were amazing, so friendly & welcoming and it was just so fabulous to see someone so enthused about their art. We only stopped in for something to take away but were treated to some history, tasters & finally walked away with the most incredible looking & tasting beverages & biscuit/cake to nibble whilst we continued to wander. Will definitely return to enjoy an in-house experience one afternoon/evening x

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (28)

Reviewed 9 August 2021 via mobile

We stumbled across this place when we were visiting a Winchester for the day. It was sunny and this place had lovely outdoor tables so we stopped for a drink. I’m so pleased we did! The lady was sooo helpful. The menu contained unusual ingredients and she took the time to explain it all to us, she let us taste some different ingredients and she made some recommendations for stuff that we’d like. She was spot on! The kids loved the drinks she’d suggested, as did my husband and I. She gave loads of time to answer our questions and it was very interesting to see what they’re doing there. I’d definitely go back! Great to try new and delicious drinks.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 31 July 2021

You won’t be disappointed, this place is incredible!! It’s like stepping back in time. Eoghan has the most incredible knowledge and you leave this gem of a place with a new found love for foraging. I couldn’t believe the taste of the drinks, it’s like nothing I’ve ever tasted before, the man is a gifted genius. I couldn’t recommend enough, we’ll DEFINITELY be back. Truly, truly amazing.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

Unlike any other drinks establishment I’ve ever been in, in terms of its list. Home made, non-alcoholic beverages, using brilliantly researched traditional processes and ingredients for all, and all we tried, (over half the menu), were delicious to the point of astonishment. The white walls, dark wood rattan furniture, terracotta floor, suspended succulents and intriguing glass fronted humidors of imposing bell jars containing ongoing experiments, exotic teas and a preserved yeti, (may be misremembering the last one, but wouldn’t be surprised), lends itself to both a morning meet up and intimate evening drinks. I know, because we went twice on the same day. Owen and his team are charming, informative, joyful devotees of their unusual yet ancient craft. Owen’s toasted malt loaf, using premium fine flour from Winchester city mill, was a revelation, stealing a march on nonetheless fond memories of stodgy slabs of Soreen, with a lightly spiced, lightly baked, crisp and then creamily yielding mouthful of moreishness. Detail, care and infectious enthusiasm are in abundance. I think I’ll go again.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 11 July 2021

I feel I must recommend this inspiring place and its recipes - if you are near Winchester you should definitely visit this bar! The owner at Proudfoot & Co creates freshly made amazing tasting drinks from traditional British recipes that were written way back in the past, that you don't often see today. All the ingredients are natural, organic and many are locally foraged / sourced. There are sweet and savoury combinations and some in between including things like fig, barley, elderflower, homemade honey, peppermint, cider vinegar and loads of other natural herbs, spices, syrups etc. Many are beautifully displayed in jars around the bar. Hot and cold drink options. All the drinks are alcohol free. The interesting combinations create a brand new taste experience, and the interior design of the bar is totally relaxing and beautiful! It's a bit like another world, something totally different and very innovative. Open in the daytime and evening. The owner is very knowledgeable and passionate about his recipes This takes my herbal tea drinking passion to a new and exciting level! Thanks @proudfoot_uk I'm looking forward to coming back.

Date of visit: July 2021