6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$108
Expedia.comUS$108
Hotels.comUS$108
Trip.comUS$107
eDreamsUS$108
HurbUS$121
2,510 results
All reviews club room sauna and steam room car park heritage break small pool bottle of prosecco pay and display hotel parking reception staff city centre lovely hotel the air conditioning evening meal weekend break leisure facilities breakfast was excellent following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2021

I stayed here one night for my birthday. The room was comfortable and I liked the wood panelling. Dinner was excellent. Breakfast was also good but the staff seemed under pressure. I had hoped to use the pool but was rather put off by the fact that so few guests were wearing face coverings so I did not want to risk it.

Date of stay: July 2021
Sally Sharpe, Sales at The Winchester Hotel & spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you once again, we value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2021

Stayed here for 2 nights for a friend’s wedding. Arrived Sunday room we had was 201, small but adequate (wasn’t having a party in the room) down side was the sloping ceiling on one side of the bed easily hit your head if not cautious. Fridge with complimentary bottles of water (2) tea makings with uht milk and couple packets of biscuits. Bathroom decent size though a rather dated having a shower curtain but shower was powerful and albeit the shower curtain water didn’t leak onto the floor. Small bottles of toiletries too. Breakfast was full English served by staff, continental breakfast available and do your own toast. hotel has parking under cover, accommodating roughly about 10-12 cars, with a further more spaces before driving into the covered part about 10 cars, and there’s further parking round the back. Hotel parking is £7.40 per night. There is a large car park in front of the hotel, this is pay and display slightly dearer than the hotel. Would stay again, but would make sure it’s not with the sloping roof.

Room tip: Don’t choose room 201 small and has sloping roof

Dear Linda,

Reviewed 12 August 2021 via mobile

I booked and paid for a ground floor classic large double room with window
I received and was given a second floor small Annex room no window just a skylight
After complaining I was on leaving I was pressurised into accepting £50 reduction which I don’t feel is disgusting.
I should have been given a free one night accommodation at a different time in the room that I had booked initially..
But I was refused.
Ian
Room 209

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent visit to the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectation.

Please be assured that we have taken your feedback on board and my personal follow up with the team. We value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

This hotel looked OK online but Boy it wasn't. The room was OK, just OK, a few biscuits a couple of small bottles of water in the room but nothing special. There was a wedding reception going on when returned but wasn't that bad. The worst part of the stay was the breakfast, cold toast, cold food, pathetic sausages, and a Measly amount of beans. If you asked for anything extra it was like you asked them to walk amile, so rude and impatient to say the least. Truly, truly not worth the star rating they have, sorry.

2  Thank LondonDragons

Reviewed 9 August 2021

This is a very good base from which to visit Winchester. A nice quiet area of town but a quick 10 min walk away. The beds are super comfy and the room, while not luxurious, is very well appointed. Lots of storage, good black out curtains and a small fridge with complementary water. Breakfast was basic with not much choice but was very nice. Service was very good. The one day our room wasn't cleaned was met with huge apologies from reception and replacment water immediately. Parking was good value at only about £7 for 24 hours and was very easy to do. The gin choices in the bar were good but the beer on draft had run out and nobody there could replace the barrel! We didn't try the restaurant as there are so many amazing places to eat and drink in Winchester, we also didn't try the spa facilities as the huge questionnaire we needed to fill in before we went put us off. All together a nice place to stay.

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for sharing your positive comments with everyone.

We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our service, standard and team members were all to your complete satisfaction throughout your stay.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.