“Best meal this year”

Ranked #27 of 217 Restaurants in Winchester
Price range: US$20 - US$27
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Cote serves simple freshly prepared French food at value for money prices. There is a lunch and early evening weekday menu at £9.95 For two courses. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites such as steak frites, tuna Nicoise and moules marinieres and, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and classic creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. The extensive wine list displays an indepth knowledge and features wines from a variety of producers across France; yet is reasonably priced. Cote provides a genuine Gallic eating renaissance in elegant surroundings where you can dine with other people who are clearly enjoying the whole experience.
Reviewed 8 November 2017

What a wonderful evening. Best calamari ever. I thought I was in France with the exquisite Breton fish stew. Daughters both had steak which cut like butter. And husband still raving about the pork belly. And the large plate glass windows overlooking the man on the horse statue make the place. Will definitely be coming back! and soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Regular at this bistro. Never fails. Service is always good, food is also good. I can't say I've ever been disappointed.
Are we talking real French food? Maybe not. But there is plenty to chose from and reasonably priced,
My only gripe is the service charge which I really hate, like to make my own decision to tip or not.
If your in Winchester and want a good two course lunch it's okay

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I have been to Cote restaurants several time and have always thought that the quality was good. However on this occasion it was extremely poor. I ordered Pork Belly and it was dreadful. The skin which is supposed to be crispy was soft and had clearly not been cooked properly. The vegetables were overcooked. Overall BAD.
I also object to the 12% included service charge !!!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Wonderful food and very promptly served. The 12.5% service charge was a nasty surprise as there were only 4 of us. I also wonder why when I booked two months ago why were placed on a very small table for four of us. I probably wouldn't go back based on the service charge.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Went for a family dinner to celebrate my brothers graduation. Good service from the staff, food was very good and portions were good for the price too. Only thing i would point out was they did not 2-3 course set meal options which was advertised on their website. However we were happy to pay full price since everything was top quality. Would defo visit again.