“Nice people, shame about the food”
Review of Pitta and Dips Cafe - CLOSED

Pitta and Dips Cafe
Price range: US$6 - US$27
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Romantic, Business, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Entertaining clients,Quick lunch
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I visited Pitta and Dips some time ago for takeaway souvlaki and moussaka. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

However, the food was terrible. It was incredibly bland and greasy. There was really no flavour to it at all. The portions represented pretty poor value for money too.

The restaurant seems closed more often than open now. I wish the owners luck, but they need to work on the food and portion sizes.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Have had a few lunches here and always found the cooking excellent. The mezze seems expensive but worked out OK when shared between a larger number with a few additions. We visited as a family of 5 last summer and had a real spread for lunch, the vegetarians also managed to find something they liked. Since then I have popped in a few times for lunch. The food has always been good but the service seems haphazard, sometimes it is slow (even with few other customers) and we have had wrong dishes more than once. I am not sure about going there for the evenings, the décor is very Mediterranean (fair enough!) but seems to lack the warmth needed for a winter evening, lovely for the summer though, my daughter said she felt as though she was on holiday.

2  Thank Karen0101
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Terrible service, one guy who doesn't speak any english, rude and cocky. Food was cold and frozen nothing was fresh. Found hair in salad and when my husband complaint he laughed at us. Very expensive for what it is, but the whole place is run down, cold, smelly and empty, you can see why. The only good thing about the place was the exit door. We've never had such a terrible service anywhere before. The souvlaki is also fake. Recooked and dry. You can tell you are eating food cooked last week, the only tasty thing was the Tesco's baclava.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Have everything and be guaranteed more than enough !
I can not compliment the food enough. I was so impressed last time I drove 200 miles to come back and brought 4 guests, I was not dissapointed.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Thought I try this restaurant a bit different to all the chains in Canterbury. Wow was I surprised, My goodness the food was heavenly, the meze was so tasty and a great price too. Will visit even week