2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$143
Expedia.comUS$143
eDreamsUS$144
Orbitz.comUS$143
CheapTicketsUS$143
TravelocityUS$143
1,495 results
All reviews free entry unique location canterbury cathedral rooms are small bedroom window eggs benedict the heart of the city excellent breakfast parking space double bed full english stayed here for one night car park yogurt precinct library gate
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 November 2020

This is a great place to stay. Breakfast is the best - and such a good location. Walls are a bit thin - sorry if I snored too much. Yes the rooms are small - but I do think other reviewers who proclaim to have travelled the world in luxury hotels haven’t lived. I will be back.

Room tip: choose a room that looks onto the cathedral
Date of stay: October 2020
Richard Moppett, General Manager at Canterbury Cathedral Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for leaving your review. I do hope we can welcome you back in 2021 now we are fully reopened.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

After driving round the block a number of times finally found the entrance to the secure parking right next to the Cathedral and hotel.
Couldn’t be more pleased with booking this fantastic hotel, literally right opposite the cathedral within secured grounds. Access straight onto high street and all the shops.

Reception and check in was quick and informative and very friendly and helpful.
The room was spacious, clean and had everything you need for a great stay, tea/coffee, clean and comfy and the most amazing powerful shower I’ve ever used! And it’s surprising how you don’t really miss the items removed because of covid.

Breakfast was tasty and plentiful , includes vegetarian cooked options.

Tips - definitely book the parking as so close and secure

My first trip to Canterbury and it won’t be my last and I will definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Room with bay windows as slightly bigger
2  Thank PiffPuffPoof

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I am sorry that it took you some time to locate us.

We do look forward to welcoming you again when you are next able to visit Canterbury.

Reviewed 27 October 2020 via mobile

We had the most amazing night stay here. We weren’t sure what to expect, but we were so pleasantly surprised, the staff were amazing, so attentive, friendly and smiley, couldn’t wish for better customer service. The rooms are clean, well laid out, everything you need and of course spectacular views of the cathedral. We will definitely be recommending to all our friends and family and hope to come back. Also must mention the scrumptious breakfast, so much choice in a beautiful room. I have to eat gluten free and that was no problem, full English(- sausage) with gluten free bread, yogurts and fruit available.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review. I was pleased to read that you were able to enjoy our gluten free options for your breakfast.

I do hope we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2020 via mobile

Fantastic location for Cathedral and city centre

Hotel was very clean, comfortable and well equipped

The one thing that’s shines about this accomodation is it’s very helpful and kind staff. Nothing was too much bother

We had a wonderful couple of nights away and woke to a view of the sun shining on the cathedral

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, particularly around cleanliness, which our housekeeping team were very happy to receive.

We do try to provide the warmest of welcomes to mirror our surroundings in the Cathedral Precincts.

I do hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2020 via mobile

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left everything was perfect!
Taking covid hygiene to a top level and each staff member we encountered was friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about the place.
Highly recommended and I do hope we are able to return in the future.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review.

We have worked on our COVID mitigation procedures to ensure a safe stay for all our guests. I am very pleased you felt this was the case.