See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2016

Pleasant welcome at this dog friendly B and B..but felt the check in procedure was more like an interview as I sat in the lounge drinking my welcome cup of tea and answering a number of questions for which I received a tick on a clip board!

I requested a twin room and we were shown a room with a double bed and a small day bed..suitable for a child.

The room was not ensuite..I should have checked..so we tramped down two flights of stairs to a shared bathroom which can only be described as less than basic. There was no plug and the shower consisted of a very basic cabinet and water that trickled out.

Snoring could be heard from a distant room throughout the night!

The packed breakfast which was kindly offered was varied and adequate. However, I did not like the idea of leaving the ham roll over night in high temperatures so I ate it for supper!

I won't be returning..I would rather spend £85 at a Premier Inn.

Room Tip: Grounds great for dog walking!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mishka02
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Derick and Janet made us feel instantly welcome and gave some great advice on what to do whilst there. Perfect location for access to the ferry. Beautiful building, great setting. Didn't miss the TV one bit!
We'll be back. Thanks!

Reviewed 25 July 2016

We were greeted with a lovely warm welcome at Farthingloe b and b! The building was offices in a previous life so the room still had office style lighting, but otherwise our room was comfortable, large and clean. The breakfast was super - especially the delicious local sausages. Our hosts were brilliant, providing recommendations for the rest of our trip away. We could not have asked for a warmer welcome! We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Just a short drive from Dover so great for a decent nights kip if you are weary from travelling.

Comfy rooms, warm and friendly hosts with a breakfast with variety and quality. Sausages are locally made, egg bacon beans mushroom toms all cooked very well, certainly gets you ready for the day.

Fresh fruit and salad too, with nice hot coffee and tea.

And did I mention their homemade jams and marmalade? Yum.

A stones throw from Samphire Hoe, so great if doing anything there, even if a picnic (would have to be a small one after the immense breakfast!)

Would recommend, loads of car parking space too.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Beautiful quirky home, the owners were very friendly and willing to help.
The huge open gardens were great. The location felt very rural but was minutes from Dover city center.
I had the cooked breakfast with filter coffee which was great and finished with fresh orange juice.

Room Tip: Ask for one that has an on-suite if that is your preference.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple