US$98
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$76
  • Breakfast included
US$137
US$67
US$63
Agoda.com
Pegwell Bay Hotel(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
US$106
The Oak Hotel(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
US$81
  • Beachfront
US$81
PremierInn.com
The De Ville(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Bar/Lounge
Travelodge Ramsgate Seafront(Ramsgate)(Great Value!)
US$99
Travelodge
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdyson fanwhite company toiletriesafternoon teahotel inspectorbeautiful hotelking roomlisted buildingcream teabreakfast and dinnerno liftantique furniturespacious bathroombeautiful roomgreat dinnerdog friendly hotellovely nightsea view
Reviewed 11 May 2018

I returned to Albion House some fifty years after I had entered as a child to watch a mayor making ceremony and was pleased to see that the building has indeed been restored to its former glory and not allowed to fall into ruin as so many of the sites I remember as a boy have done. The view from our room out of the Royal Harbour was excellent even in late February. The balcony was great to sit on, although it would be a good idea I think to ensure there are two seats on each of the respective room outlet balconies - the next door room had two but only one on our side of the balcony which was a shame and yes I was sitting out then.
I have to say the breakfasts were excellent and the lovely lady who was responsible for looking after us, who clearly came from the other side of the English Channel, was outstanding - friendly, bubbly and always smiling and set anyone up for a good day with her enthusiasm.
We did not eat any lunches or evening meals as we were out and about visiting other restaurants in the area but everything looked great and when my aged aunt and her friend came for afternoon tea which again was superb, they kindly provided a doggie bag for their scones so they did not have to go to waste - thank you!
Bathroom was super - the only comment I would make on the room was the old fashioned luggage rack which is meant to act as the hanging clothes scenario is not really great and perhaps one could put the TV on the wall and have a wardrobe in the room - the chest of drawers with no handles and having to open all four drawers with the one key may seem quaint but was a bit dysfuctional and a proper wardrobe with hanging space and drawers etc would be better.
A great few days - the only down side was not of the hotels making but someone had allowed their dog to foul the footpath outside the entrance doors and regretfully on getting out of the taxi i trod straight in it as did other people coming in and out and I would just say it might help for who ever is on duty to keep a watchful eye of the exterior so that where necessary it can be cleared up if needs be - not their job I know but it all adds to the image. Returning to Ramsgate after many years was an experience and i would like to thank everyone at the hotel for making it an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: rooms with a balcony are excellent
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Beth D, Manager at Albion House Ramsgate Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear housemasterchips

Wow, what a review! We are so delighted that your trip back to Ramsgate was everything you had hoped. The owners have done a wonderful job restoring the building and as you said, it's lovely to see it being used.

We certainly take your comments on board about the chairs on the balcony and dog fouling too, i'm so sorry you experienced this. Our team usually have very keen eyes on spotting anything that shouldn't be there and as you said, clearing it up. Many of our rooms don't have wardrobes as unfortunately space wouldn't allow but I definitely understand where you are coming from. We have also now added handles to all chest of draws with only one key.

We hope you will return to Ramsgate for another visit to Albion House again in the future and we will look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

A lovely Saturday morning, we sat just outside. Service was prompt and there was no problem that we only required drinks. The restaurant looked really nice the decor was a high standard and I would definitely go back for a meal. When I was paying I noticed a couple of delicious looking layer cakes. The staff were friendly and engaged in conversation which was nice. As I found out this was a hotel I went through to the reception where there was a display cabinet with some really nice jewellery and beauty products for sale all by Kent designers or produced in Kent. Although as I said we only had drinks I would definitely recommend this sleek establishment .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lesley S

Dear Lesley S

Thank you for your review of your quick stop for coffee. It can be lovely sitting outside soaking up the sun. Our delicious cakes are make by Gateau Mini and we offer tea and cake for £5 so we hope to welcome you again another time.

We have also just launched our new brunch menu recently so do pop in for a quick bite.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

My son and his new wife arranged for a meal for 8 people for their small wedding party. The service and the food were faultless. I would recomend it to anyone.It is in a stunning location looking out over Ramsgate harbour.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank loopyloo1949

Dear loopyloo1949

We are so glad we were able to play a part in making their say so special. Thank you for taking the time to add a review and we very much hope to welcome you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Went for a joint birthday weekend .
It’s just right for a relaxed , informal yet stylish break .
Location is superb with views across the harbour and sands
The bar is spacious and laid back and the rooms are very comfortable .
Great marble bathrooms , deep squashy beds which we all said we’d miss when get back home and well meaning service .
The breakfast is great : cooked to order and perfect whether you want a traditional full English or avocado on sourdough with poached eggs and bacon ( comes with a touch of diced chilli)

Also just 10 mins from Broadstairs which is a great little place to potter around .

Definitely will return for a weekend in the summer .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank johnlondon2017

Dear johnlondon2017

We look forward to your return visit in the summer, you were a delight to look after so we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We also have a new brunch menu for you to try on your next visit with more interesting, locally sourced dishes.

See you again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Beautifully renovated building which keeps much of it's original charm but with a modern eclectic feel. We stayed in room 7 with great views over the harbour. The room was spotless and comfortable. The bathroom was large and has a separate bath and shower. The toiletries were high quality but came in multiple tiny plastic bottles. A more eco friendly solution would be good.
While staying here I would highly recommend eating in the beautifully decorated restaurant. The food was superb and the bar serves delicious and unusual cocktails.
We found the service in both the hotel and restaurant to be excellent. All staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie D

Dear Jackie D

Thank you so much for your review. Room 7 is certainly one of my favourite rooms, as you say the views are great.

Over the past months we have been investigating more eco-friendly options for toiletries but haven't quite come across anything that fits the bill yet.

I will be sure to pass on your comments onto the team as they will be delighted to hear you enjoyed the service.

We hope to see you again soon!

Regards