“ Very nice but expensive.”
Review of Prezzo

Prezzo
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my meal, it was served very quickly and was nice and hot.

The staff were efficient and polite enough and the atmosphere was good.

I did feel it was a little expensive, the drinks especially. £4.80 for a 330ml beer which is £1.80 in the supermarket

So nice food but I did feel overcharged for what I had.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Had a buyagift set menu. Selection was ok. Pizza excellent. Calamari too crispy and lacked flavour. Dessert choice not good as gelato and sorbets not available. Tiramisu looked great but was quite bland other than the overpowering coffee flavour of the sponge later. Service timely and attentive

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Had a lunch date with a friend here today and my experience was so disappointing I felt I had to write a review. My friend had arrived earlier than me and had received her drinks. I arrived a short time after. Having looked at the menu and put it down to indicate we were ready to order, no staff approached us for a very long time. The restaurant was not particularly busy either. When I did catch the waiter's eye, he came over and I politely explained that although hungry, I did not wish to order something large as had a smallish appetite - I enquired about the size of a pasta starter as these vary greatly from place to place portion wise. Waiter told me to wait one moment then did not return! He was then seen serving food to other customers!! Some time later, another lady came over to take our order and after asking again, I Was told it was a decent size for lunch, not too small. How very untrue this was! It was hardly three mouthfuls of pasta with frozen cooked peas mixed in and watery gravy in a jug beside it..bad!!! Asked if we wanted cheese on top, said yes and never received it. The cost for this was disproportionate as could have had a pizza marguerita or filled sandwich for about same price. They did not come over and ask if my friend or I wanted desserts, coffee, tea...No customer service whatsover - in summary, soulless place, overpriced food and terrible service. They were very quick however, when we asked for bill and was asked if I wanted to add gratuity...erm, NO!!!

love_prezzo, Guest Relations Manager at Prezzo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

We are sorry to hear you received a poor level of service and good on this occasion. We want you to know this is definitely not the norm and we hope you can accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

After a rotten experience some years ago I vowed not to touch this place again. However a couple of friends booked it this week so it would have been rude to refuse.

So how was it?

Awful! Everything tastes microwaved. I had the prawns. Simply bathing in salty oil and tomatoes. The burger was fatty in a dry bun. The wine for £19 a bottle tasted like a £5 bottle from co op.

I cannot understand how these places survive.

I know it's a so called budget place but there's no excuse for bad food at any cost.

Steer clear.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Bad food, bad atmosphere, bad service. We were served, having chosen from a limited menu, pizza that were sparsely coated and had the same texture as the menu by surly staff who could not care anything about their customers in a room that felt like a run down departure lounge. Otherwise a great meal. We would have walked but need to eat before going to the cinema

love_prezzo, Guest Relations Manager at Prezzo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you for visiting our restaurant.

We are really disappointed to read that the service amnd the food you have received were not up to our standard.

We will be looking into this with the restaurant team to ensure this experience is one off, as we can definitely do better