“Very enjoyable evening ”

Osteria Italian Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

On a visit to Hull to see my family myself and my partner had a meal at Osteria . The staff and the manager were very friendly and he took the time to talk us about our experience of visiting Scilly. The food was excellent the pizza had a very thin base but was very tasty and I had the tortellini with mushroom and cream since . Nice atmosphere in the restaurant . The only criticism was the ice cream it wasn’t true gelato which was a shame . We will certainly be visiting here again .

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Our restaurant in city centre was closed so went here as found on trip ad. We couldn't have fell on anything better. Warm welcome on Saturday night, great menu with traditional items & modern choices. Wine list was varied we chose Barolo which was excellent.
Starters were good size, meatballs & mushrooms. The garlic bread is a full size pizza so too much for us but fab. Prawn pasta was superb & they added chicken to the mushroom & pea penne with no fuss.
Excellent home made style dishes in a cosy welcoming restaurant. Thank you for a great night, we will return

Reviewed 12 June 2018

We booked well in advance, asking for a quiet table for couple on a birthday meal. We sat at table 5 on arrival. After ordering drinks I did mention I wasn't happy with the seating , as people were coming and going past us .
We ordered, stater, main , and once again, said we are not happy with the seating area, it was like a railway platform, with both staff and public , passing constantly. When it came to ordering dessert, we gave it a miss as by this time enough was enough. Sorry to say the Waiting staff did nothing about out unpleasant experience and left feeling dissatisfied. Service 1, food 3, value 2. Sorry unless I get feedback I will not make another visit, or recommend.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Visited for the first time this evening and will be going back very soon. The waitresses made us feel like old friends, the owner was so polite and down to earth. Food was so tasty and very generous servings!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

all the food was beautiful, service was great the staff were super friendly, couldn't do enough for us, we even had a few request for the food and they added it onto our meals with no problem. The food came quick the staff are very friendly, the manager is a great guy, would definitely recommend this place, Not a fault in sight!!