“Lovely Food”

Ishaas Indian eatery
Ranked #31 of 122 Restaurants in Ambleside
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Description: Ishaas Indian Eatery is a warm, modern and inviting authentic Indian and Bangladeshi eatery in Ambleside, located in heart of the Lake District. We have worked hard and Itihaas has now become synonymous with quality Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. We have achieved this with our commitment and loving support of all six brothers working hard to raise the bar. Now we invite you to taste our culinary skills and above all our genuine appreciation and care to all off our customers.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

First visit here but will definitely return.

I love a good hot curry and though they did not do the curry I requested, they recommended a similar alternative and I have to say it was beautiful. So full of flavour and spice. The quality of the meat (chicken) was really good and the accompanying starters, chapatti, rice and poppadoms all up to standard.

A really nice meal.

3  Thank MD-FatDonkey

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The restaurant has had a refit and looks very good and clean. The service was good and the food was on the table in no time and hot. If you like your curries hot give this place a try, I saw one curry with 5 very's, hot, I did not bother but what I had was very good and to our liking. Recommended will go back next time we visit Ambleside.

3  Thank chickweed100235
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Been here a few times now since it re-opened under new owners and the food was lovely and well cooked.The welcome and the service from the waiters were first class.

Its not the cheapest Indian but you get what you pay for.Would highly recommend giving it a try.

3  Thank Hutch59
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This was the first time I had visited since they reopened, the refit is really good its tidied it up and is now really smart, the bar is much better. Service was pretty good but the food was very bland for a curry and particularly oily, and not as much meet as before, but the nan bread was better!

3  Thank sam8682016
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I visited on Sunday 8th Oct 2017 We had the set menu for 2. The food was excellent. The person who took our order was engaging and provided an excellent service.
I was not impressed by the other two members of staff who did not appear to get on swearing at each other in conversation and bickering. Apart from that it was great.

2  Thank Paul C