“Lovely little place for lunch ”
Review of The Fulling Mill

The Fulling Mill
Ranked #11 of 122 Restaurants in Ambleside
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Central European, British, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to somewhere to eat where we could have a drink and a light bite. We stumbled over this place. It was fairly quiet and we were seated quickly. My husband ordered the prawn Marie rose baguette and are ordered the mushroom rarebit. Both were delicious. The atmosphere was relaxed and surroundings lovely. The staff were friendly. All in all a really lovely place to eat. We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Our table for two was in the first floor corner window looking out over Ambleside famous Bridge House.
There's an interesting menu with a variety of European dishes. We had the beef stroganoff- tasty, tender and a sensible portion. Wine was a sensible price too, by the glass or by the bottle.
In the winter it's closed on Monday - although this wasn't clear on the menu board, so we went back the following night. We would go back again.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

We stopped here for lunch during the middle of storm Doris just to get out of the rain, and I'm so glad we did! We both had the Brie, Bacon & Cranberry baguette which was just delicious, and their "fat chips" are to die for. Service was great too. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Went to the Fulling Mill with my partner and we were both very impressed! Went to Ambleside for a long weekend so chose this place because I thought I overheard someone from the B&B say they were eating there so decided to give it a go.
We had a drink in the bar as our table wasn't quite ready but the staff were extremely friendly and polite! Within 5 minutes got shown to our table. Service was spot on and you could see the restaurant was busy but no delay in getting our food. We shared a starter as didn't want to be full for our main. Mmmm mmm mmmm delicious!!!! I ordered the braised beef and my partner had the sea bass. One of the best pub meals we've had in ages! Definitely compliments to the Chef and the staff for the great friendly service.

Would definitely recommend if you are struggling on where to eat.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Went here again after visiting last summer. We had soup and sandwich, prawns and salmon all fresh. Soup was homemade and big bowl. Hubby had fishcake and side of crunchy veg. 2 beers and 2 wines. Excellent value £26. Service was excellent, we will return again in future.