“A great Find and a warm welcome”
Review of The Front Room

The Front Room
Ranked #33 of 74 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Telephone Number:- 01900 826655
Reviewed 7 July 2016

I was in Cockermouth on my own for work walked intoThe Front Room and was made welcome and looked after by the staff. It's quite cosy and was full. There was a lovely atmosphere and I soon got talking to some people on another table who told me it was the best in Cockermouth! (They should know, they own one f the best B&Bs in town) My meal was lovely. I had chicken stuffed with all sorts of veg, new potatoes, and salad. It wasn't a massive portion which meant I could enjoy the fabulous Rhubarb, Orange and almond cake which was delicious with clotted cream. Altogether with two glasses of lovely wine it came to £26 which I thought was great. The owners were really busy but still found time for a joke and made sure I was ok. I'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Plentiful cured meat and olive starters followed by good lamb steak and the best steak sandwich ever seen - tiny bit of bread underneath a huge steak. Inexpensive wines. Thoroughly enjoyable and will recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Lovely welcome and great food. We were lucky to get in. Staying at Hunday Manor just got last two tables. Had a great night. Can't recommend enough

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

We have been going to this restaurant for 7 yrs and have never been disappointed.
You are always welcome and get great homemade style food.
The selection is not huge but the freshness is more than you get anywhere else as it's cooked for you.
Well worth going too.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

This small restaurant is only open Thursday to Saturday so tends to be fully booked much of the time as the food is good and the ambience lovely. We were lucky to book the last table when we called in in the morning! Good interesting and varied menu with vegetarian options, freshly cooked, generous wine servings, cheerful and engaging staff, a must-visit when you are in Cockermouth. Don't miss it!