“Gorgeous, genuine food. ”
Review of The Front Room

The Front Room
Ranked #33 of 72 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Telephone Number:- 01900 826655
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Great food in an informal, relaxed atmosphere. Every dish was spot on. Lovely Mediterranean style food.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by our hosts at the B &B 6 Castlegate and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was very relaxed, the host was very accommodating and the food was excellent. The menu is limited but don't let that put you off and do keep in mind that the Front Room is only open Thursday to Saturday.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

I was in Cockermouth on my own for work walked intoThe Front Room and was made welcome and looked after by the staff. It's quite cosy and was full. There was a lovely atmosphere and I soon got talking to some people on another table who told me it was the best in Cockermouth! (They should know, they own one f the best B&Bs in town) My meal was lovely. I had chicken stuffed with all sorts of veg, new potatoes, and salad. It wasn't a massive portion which meant I could enjoy the fabulous Rhubarb, Orange and almond cake which was delicious with clotted cream. Altogether with two glasses of lovely wine it came to £26 which I thought was great. The owners were really busy but still found time for a joke and made sure I was ok. I'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Plentiful cured meat and olive starters followed by good lamb steak and the best steak sandwich ever seen - tiny bit of bread underneath a huge steak. Inexpensive wines. Thoroughly enjoyable and will recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Lovely welcome and great food. We were lucky to get in. Staying at Hunday Manor just got last two tables. Had a great night. Can't recommend enough