“Nice food and good service”
Review of The Front Room

The Front Room
Ranked #32 of 72 Restaurants in Cockermouth
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Telephone Number:- 01900 826655
Reviewed 12 February 2017

The food is very tasty, a good selection of competitively priced wine and friendly service. I had the Greek lamb, my wife had the chicken and chorizo. Both were nice dishes, hot and full of flavour. The service was friendly and the restaurant was full booked, we were lucky to get the last table.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

Good food from a limited menu that chances regularly. Our group had starters, mains and puddings between us and all were of a good standard. The wines available have been chosen to compliment the meal. We'll definately be going back.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

We had the balsamic lamb steak, which was excellent, as were the potatoes and veg. Not enough vegetable for me (of course) but more came quickly when requested, and we weren't charged for them. Enjoyed the welcome snack with the drinks (though the drinks were not exactly quick coming). I had the chocolate fudge pudding, which I'm not really a connoisseur of, but I thought it pretty good. I can understand some people not liking the informal atmosphere, but it suited us very well. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Great food in an informal, relaxed atmosphere. Every dish was spot on. Lovely Mediterranean style food.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by our hosts at the B &B 6 Castlegate and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was very relaxed, the host was very accommodating and the food was excellent. The menu is limited but don't let that put you off and do keep in mind that the Front Room is only open Thursday to Saturday.