Stonecross Manor Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$162
Travelodge
US$161
US$155
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfour poster bedgroupon dealpool and jacuzzichanging roomsevening meallick of paintbuffet stylelovely hotellambbirthday treatspa facilitiesbooked this hotelplenty of parkinglake districtself serviceone night stayboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I went the other week with my partner after a long hike over The Helm and thought it would be nice to have a relaxing swim. Sadly the jacuzzi was out of action and one of the changing rooms was out of order. Other than that it was a great time, good prices, good quality and the changing rooms are a good size as well. The staff on hand were friendly and polite, will certainly be going again

1  Thank Matt_060644
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Not exactly a warm welcome at reception and after filling a bath in our room the water was so cold that my partner emptied the bath and filled it again. This time the water was only luke warm. I called down to reception who advised me that the water needs time to run before it runs hot. After explaining that my partner had already filled the equivalent of two baths they then decided to put us in another room. Later that night we had to order a bottle of water to our room as there was no cold water whatsoever. Every tap was running red hot water. The receptionist advised us that the management were well aware of this problem with the plumbing.
We found the rooms to be in a very poor state with the bathroom ceiling and the side of the bath rotting away with damp.
Not worth the £60 per night which we paid.

3  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Well better late than never! I do like to praise hotel and restaurants - it’s not just about criticisms.
Arrived on Xmas eve- greeted with mulled wine and hot apple juice. Delicious. We had spoken at length to the hotel prior to our visit and knew that the bedrooms had not been refurbed. Our king size four poster was lovely and comfortable and the room clean. Yes it was tired and the old orange pine furniture was dated, but we were fine with this as we knew what we were getting. The food, throughout our stay (3 nights) was lovely and presented really nicely. We couldn’t fault that at all. Didn’t like the champagne - we did choose the expensive one- but that’s personal taste, although I do think they are better ‘named’ champagnes available, so maybe that’s something to look at. The swimming pool was gorgeous - very warm. However the jacuzzi was not on- very cold - and the sprays at the end were not working( assuming someone had forgotten to flick the switch! Think they worked later on. We did have cold water only one evening- was told the system had clicked out or something, but I notice others have complained about this as well. HOWEVER for a hotel going through a massive refurb we both absolutely loved our relaxing break. Staff attentive, food great, bed comfortable, building warm, drinks flowed...........loved it. Would most certainly come again. It’s the first time we have been away for Christmas - and it was wonderful. ( just lucky that Christmas fell on Monday. So we both had the 4 days off work). I will keep looking at their website to see how the refurb is going - the rooms will then look amazing.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here as part of a gift our daughter had bought us for Christmas. We knew the hotel was under refurbishment but was pursuaded that no disruption to our stay would happen . We arrived around 3pm to the hotel and straight into a lovely new reception area and restaurant/bar. We rang the bell at the desk 4 times but still no one in sight approx 10 minutes later a guy who was collecting laundry said he had told them we were waiting. Eventually a lady arrived and booked us into our room 109 queen four poster but we changed this to room 106 king size which was spacious but in need of refurbishment. Small tv in room and bath water was only lukewarm although shower hot. After using the spa facilities which were good we went to the bar for a drink again no one around and you guessed it 5 rings of the bell and 10 minutes waiting the same lady turned up. I think only 2 other guests which were I believe contractors stayed that night. We were awoken around 4am ish by what sounded like a drilling noise above our room and the smell of paint on the staircase was very evident. After getting back to sleep we were again awoken before 8am with loud talking and drilling and banging. Breakfast was fine and filling but we may have stayed the night before in the restaurant for a meal but the area was never manned by a member of staff. All in all an ok stay but once the refurbishment is complete it will look nice but staff certainly need to be in key areas . Also noticed a fire extinguisher hidden behind Christmas decorations which were still up in a windowsill and maybe to stop noise close it until it’s nearly done.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Attended on Sunday for afternoon tea for 14 of us. Told to arrive at 1.30 for 2pm, myself and my daughter were last to arrive at 1.40 and coffee and tea were already served and no-one asked us what we wanted. One person was ill, and sandwiches were brought for that person, but no cakes, although I was charged for it. I had ordered a special plate of sandwiches for one guest, by the time these arrived (after asking 3 times) the rest of us has almost finished ours. On paying the bill, there was a discrepancy on the charges for wine, but this was sorted. Other places I have had afternoon tea provide cake boxes so you can take the leftovers home. The leftover food was removed from the table and 1 bag of sandwiches and 8 parcels of cakes were provided between 13, so we ended up having to unwrap and try and share our as best we could. (This definitely needs improving on).

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends