“Superb tapas”

Price range: US$9 - US$39
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A fun, casual, dinning experience, providing 'food for sharing' with a Spanish, Mexican and Italian influence, a great atmosphere and exciting cocktails. Perfect for couples and families, also our function room can hold parties 50+.
Reviewed 28 March 2017

Strange concept of Mexican tapas but it sure does work. All the food, service atmosphere was brilliant. Only issues was with our scallops which weren't cooked properly. They were quickly taken away no fuss and deducted from the bill. Rest of the food was superb but be warned not to order too many dishes as the portions are deceptive in size!
Great service atmosphere well worth a visit!

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

My wife an I had a lovely meal. Really easy and lots of fun. Simply pick 2 or more dishes per person, lots to choose from and enjoy sharing them.

Food was delicious and the prices reasonable.

1  Thank David F
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

I was introduced to pedros by my daughter who had been raving about it. I loved the warm cheerful greeting and efficient service. The ordering system is different but works well, the food was outstanding!!! The service paced to allow relaxed enjoyment of the meal and was perfect.

I couldn't find fault with anything (not that I tried) and although not the cheapest meal it was definitely the best tapas I have ever had anywhere ever!!!

Treat yourself give it a go you will regret it if you miss this dining experience!!!

1  Thank Dal D
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

So this was the third time I have been to this place, mainly because I can't be bothered to drive anywhere outside of Kendal and am so sick of the lack of decent food here that it feels like an option at least. When my Texan sister-in-law visits she begs not to be taken to 'that racist restaurant' which the owners are probably completely ignorant to how insulting the stereotype of somprero and moustaches are!

Basically it is like eating at a students house. The food is confused and just lobbed on the plates, there is no attempt to present it. There is no understanding of either Mexican food or Tapas here and clearly no desire to attempt to make good quality food. There is a staleness with all of the ingredients that you can see so lord knows about the cooked stuff. I have a suspicion that there are a lot of bought in items that have just been reheated.

Scallops were both over and undercooked, pizza was just cheese on toast with some tomatoes under the cheese. Instead of sour cream with the fajitas it was a blob of mayonnaise.

I remember Mexican nights in my student halls and it was much more authentic than this, you just feel very cheated when paying for this standard in a restaurant. Maybe they need to take the chefs to a real Mexican restauant to see how it should look and taste or just have a look in a cook book like the rest of us!

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended to us on our stay in Kendal.

We managed to book a table fine and on arrival was promptly seated at 7.30pm.

The somberos and sticky moustaches were a great addition and we felt that this place would live up to expectations.

We had drinks order taken and was explained how the ordering service worked, which was great. Opted for 8 tapas style dishes including meatballs, scallops and kebab.

The food took about 1hr 15mins to come out, I don't waiting if the food is worth it. Was it worth the wait?

I'm unsure, albeit that the food was tasty, it was nothing to rush home and shout about.

One of our dishes never arrived but assumed this was because they can arrive at any point due to the nature of the restaurant.

Upon finishing our food this was brought up to the attention of one member of staff which went to check and came back to advise it had been missed off and did we still want it, by this point the obvious answer was no.

We had a cocktail and left after paying a 82 pound bill.

I would not rush back but may visit again as I believe in second chances