“Excellent Vegetarian/ Vegan Food at very Attractive Prices”
Review of Kat's Kitchen

Kat's Kitchen
Ranked #23 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Description: Kat's Kitchen is a plant based cafe serving hot meals, soups, lite bites, salads, home made cakes, scones, croissants, fresh coffee & leaf tea, smoothies and the menu is available as to take away. All food is made on-site daily by our team and the menu includes many gluten free options, whilst all are dairy free. Kat's offers a bespoke vegan (and gluten free if required) cake service, just ask for details. For a day on the fells, the team at Kat's offer a 'fill your flask' with hot soup, tea, coffee, hot chocolate service; along with take-away lunches, cakes and snacks. Kat's offers a range of vegan cookbooks for sale, artwork by local artists, have a range of vegan produce and can make up hampers for special occasions. They offer a postal service (postage and packaging charged at cost). The cafe is informal, offers seating for up to 30 people inside and, weather permitting, we have tables outside. We hire out bike locks (£0.50p & £5 deposit).
Reviewed 24 March 2017

My first visit to Kat's Kitchen for a pre-theatre matinee lunch with 3 friends. Two of the party were vegetarian, one who is 72 years of age had never eaten vegetarian food. We arrived just before 12.30pm and were able to get a table immediately. We all chose homecooked Shepherdess Pie, a vegan dish I believe, from a good range of choices. Menus clearly highlighted for which diets dishes were suitable and included Gluten Free options.

The pie was excellent; the topping of sweet potato mash made a delicious change. It was served with a very generous and varied salad all for £6.50. Great value. We all enjoyed the dish. Coffee made with locally roasted beans was also very good. Two of us had cake with our drinks-Cappuccino Cake and Ginger Loaf both equally yummy (we swapped to taste each others). Bill in my case for two courses and a flat white was £12.25-really excellent value.

The room was pleasant and tables didn't feel crowded. The atmosphere was relaxed. The upstairs mezzanine had sofas and views which would be lovely for coffee with friends or family. The only downside was that the room felt cool which on a cold/rainy/snowy day was a bit disappointing. The staff were friendly and food arrived promptly. I will be returning when next I am in Keswick.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Kat and her team have done a fabulous job here! Having never really been into vegan food, or at least not knowing much about it I was blown away by the options available! This is my favourite place in town to come chill out on the sofas upstairs and catch up on some much needed wholesome vitamins! And the smoothies are the perfect on-the-go option if you don't have the time to stay around! Fantastic homemade food, epic portions and friendly staff..will definitely be back!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Thank goodness there is a new vegetarian / Vegan / gluten free cafe in Keswick, we have been missing Peddlers for some time, we had a lovely lunch and the staff were all very friendly, we will definately return, go early as they were packed by 1pm and there is limited space.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

What a great discovery. Although I live in Keswick, and I was aware Kat's had opened not had a chance to visit until today. Lunch was really tasty and filling. My friend had the wrap and I had the ciabatta both with very innovative fillings. We also then tried the Carrot Cake, delicious. And some wonderful Malibu Tea! Will definitely call again and try some other task dishes

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I went for lunch here with myself as a veggie and my non-veggie family, of course I was concerned that the family might not have liked the menu.

I couldn't have been more wrong. They LOVED it. And of course I did too.

The shepherdess pie is awesome, as is the chilli and the Moroccan stew. The green goddess soup is also fab.

One thing though, bring your appetite because the portions are huge!