“A category of one - amazingly unique ”

The Square Orange Cafe Bar
Ranked #3 of 153 Restaurants in Keswick
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Please note that we do not take bookings.
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

What a place. Very intimate, you can't book (which is great). Just rock up and find a space. Order all food and drink at the bar. Great selection of drinks. Food is ample. We had two starters and a Pizza each. The Pizza was good. However I'm a bit of a Pizza snob, I think the cheese should be changed to a better one. It was a 8/10, I think they could make a 10/10 Pizza. The Pizza Chef was a magician. The operation is run with ruthless efficiency. All restaurants can learn from them. We had a great night, we'd hope to return soon. Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Super busy on a Monday night in August, but totally worth the wait.
Quirky, eclectic decor. Great beers and unusual gin selection. Select menu, but huge portions and a great atmosphere.
Loved it. Will be back

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Great food. Fresh pizza and a nice tapas selection. Inspired drinks. Friendly folk. Stands out from the rest.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We have visited this place on previous visits to Keswick and were looking forward to returning. This is a small establishment which does not take bookings and is often busy so we had to wait for a table however the staff are excellent and make a mental note of who arrived on what order and try the manage tables accordingly. We waited about 15 minutes and were soon seated in web the window. Having previously tried Tapas we chose to order pizzas this time choosing one with mushrooms and salami and another with salami, olives and mozzarella. Be warned the pizzas are very thin crust and crispy which divided opinion between my wife and I. We both agreed however the toppings were very tasty especially the spicy salami. They offer a good range of beers, wines and cocktails. I have to give special mention the excellent e.g. service offered by the very friendly staff and I am not sure how the chef turns out to much food so quickly from a tiny kitchen. I would thoroughly recommend a visit especially if you like thin crust pizzas.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Quirky little restaurant with great tasting tapas and stone baked pizza. You can't book, so have to be lucky to get a table or wait at the bar for one. It is worth the wait, as the food was delicious. Great find, we will be back.

1  Thank ASkinner78